Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TONIGHT
N OF 27N N TO NE WINDS 15 KT. SEAS 3 TO 5 FT. S OF
27N N TO NE WINDS 15 TO 20 KT. SEAS 6 TO 8 FT.

SAT
NE WINDS 15 KT. SEAS 4 TO 6 FT.

i have a 17 tunnel hull can i make it? to the pass comfortably in the morning?

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
I would say no! I went out a few weeks ago in a 31 footer in 3-5 and we had to turn around and come back in...

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
With those numbers,you can probably make it, but I'm sure you won't like it. I wouldn't. I was on a (25'er I think) one night. Twins...lost one. 10 hour trip back from the rigs. Hit 4-6 footers, then 6-8 footers, and I'm sure some 8-10 footers at night. We made it, I sure in the hell didn't like it.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Ithink you can make it to the pass, the bay was slick earlier today.

GMZ650-655-030930-
/O.ROU.KMOB.MA.F.0000.000000T0000Z-000000T0000Z/
COASTAL WATERS FROM PENSACOLA FL TO PASCAGOULA MS OUT 20 NM-
COASTAL WATERS FROM DESTIN TO PENSACOLA FL OUT 20 NM-
430 PM CDT FRI NOV 2 2007

TONIGHT
NORTH WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS...INCREASING TO AROUND 15 KNOTS
LATE. SEAS 1 TO 3 FEET. BAYS AND COASTAL WATERWAYS A LIGHT CHOP
BECOMING CHOPPY LATE.

SATURDAY
NORTH WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 1 TO 3 FEET. BAYS AND
COASTAL WATERWAYS A LIGHT CHOP.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I just got in. Its calm out there. It got windy late in the afternoon and slicked off at sunset.

Was a Pond at 6:00.

·
Registered
92 Posts
sang wih that first forecast i thought yall were up here in the carolinas! the wind here has been blowing a gale for a month! thank god for inshore fishing.

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
I fished Bayou Grande a little while ago and it looked as if I could walk across it,go for it! The Pinfish bite is on fire right now by the way:banghead

·
Registered
386 Posts
you could make it but it would be no fun at all, in my 21 ft hewes about a year ago in PENSACOLA BAY me andPatrick and robert(yellowboatman) ran in 6-8 ft rollers i couldnt turn around because some of the waves were coming over the bow, i about sank,i didnt want to tip when we made it to the fish house we wated till 10:00 at night and the seas were still 3-4 but we idealed on in and made it back safely(this is no b.s. i have video and picture proof on my phone) just wandering,has anyone else ever seen it that big in the bay?

·
Super Moderator
12,720 Posts
sam, stop being a puss.... remember last year when we took your boat out.... solid 3-4 and i had to sit on the poling platform to stay dry... well, kinda

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
Navy site is calling for 2' seas out to the edge Sat. and Dying down for the afternoon. You had better have your butt back in before 8PM though or you will be sorry. :angel

Seas will be building quick to 4' ( 8' for most folks.)

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea i went to day it was slick calm i got that information on the top linke quick waves...but we caught a couple redfish but it wasnt as hot as yesterday.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts