Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am definately not a UF fan, but I have to give credit where credit is do, I do think Tebow is a great athlete, but the real question is how long will he stay at UF before turning pro???? Will it be this year??? or next?? or how many people think he will actually stay 4 years and get a degree???

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont see him staying far past next year. he is young, and talented, but I did love to see him when get got his bell rung a couple of times against lsu

·
Registered
32 Posts
Caspr21 (10/7/2007)how long will he stay at UF before turning pro????
The kids is a big boy. Think he will get picked up as a QB. There are too many aging QB's out there that are destined to roll out. That and those that will be seeing bars soon. NFL will be looking for theguy at some point.

I think he will sit around another year and try to raise his stakes by shooting for the Heisman. Will be fun to see what Auburn can do again to him next year :doh

·
Registered
11 Posts
long time lurker first time poster.

From what I understand the college/nfl rule are that a player must be out of highschool at least 3 years before he can turn pro. So that will leave him with at least one more year. He is def a gamer on the field but i'm not sure if he would make that great of a quaterback in the nfl right now. He reminds me of Eric Crouch from Nebraska who played 0 games in the NFL. just my .02 cents.

kevin

·
Topwater Bluefish fan
1,276 Posts
JustJosh'n (10/7/2007)
The kids is a big boy. Think he will get picked up as a QB. There are too many aging QB's out there that are destined to roll out. That and those that will be seeing bars soon. NFL will be looking for theguy at some point.

I think he will sit around another year and try to raise his stakes by shooting for the Heisman. Will be fun to see what Auburn can do again to him next year :doh
'fraid you won't get your chance. auburn's out of rotation with Florida.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,545 Posts
I happen to know that first of all he is a fine christian young man and he says that he is not going pro. That he is staying in college and finishing his degree

·
Registered
463 Posts
JustJosh'n (10/7/2007)

Good for Auburn that they DON"T play Florida next year.:clap:clap

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
First, the kid is not an athlete, he's a freak of nature who will only get better.

I've been following him for the past few years, the News Journal has done several stories on him because he beat the crap out of a few local teams to get a state title or two.

He'll get a degree. He'll stay at least three years. And he will go into the NFL in a top 10 pick. This all of course is after his minimum one Heisman, maybe two.

Until the Auburn game, he was the front runner for the Heisman on a lot of ballots.

I think whoever mentioned the three-year High school to NFL rule, you're right but I wouldn't be surprised to see him stay for four years if there's another shot at a title or ANOTHER Heisman.

And just for the record, I really hate Florida.

But, as a Bears fan, I also hate Green Bay but think very highly of Brett Favre. Pretty much the same deal, gotta respect talent and a good person.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,545 Posts
according to hid dads newsleter he is going into the ministry not professional football. I guess we will see. His parents are missionaries to the phillipines. ,and he has spent a lot of his life over there.

http://www.btea.org/recommendations.asp

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Wes, I agree that he definitely deserves credit where credit is due because there is no mistaken his athletic abilities after Saturday night - I mean WOW! But, I say he graduates from UF without a doubt; given his background and upbringing - I'd be really shocked if he didn't stay at UF for the full four.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am a christian and believe in god and his abilities, and this kid has some unreal ability. Just think of financially how much he could help ministries and his parents after a pro career. Plus you dont have to leave your home to be a missionary.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,545 Posts
We'll see I believe he feels called to service for God

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I've wondered about his pro career. It seems the NFL wants passers who can stay in the pocket. The "do-it-all" guys in the college ranks don't seem to translate into the NFL as well. Yes there are exceptions. Tebow needs to concentrate on being a QB, not an all purpose player.

Right now, Tebow is still new enough he can carry the team. But I don't think it will last long. I really didn't get to see the LSU game,but Auburn shut down the offense. Tebow then took the ball and had a couple of good drives. But that playbook is going to get old. If UF continues with the Tebow offense, I don't see them winning. He needs to play QB and only QB.

JMHO

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
I dont like Tebow or UF but i dont think he should be a QB if he goes into the NFL...to me he should be a tightend...the youngin is big and tough...would like to see him be able to get a running start in the open field and lay out some LB's:letsdrink

·
Tall Sexy Guy
588 Posts
Let me 1st disclose, I'm a Nole Fan. So offering kudos to a Florida QB is against my instincts.

No doubt, Tebow is the real deal. He's got the "it" factor and a ton of talent too. IMHO, he's the most exciting player in college football. My concern with Tebow is his athletic confidence. He runs with the ball a lot and he doesn't do the feet first slide. Nor does he run straight for the sidelines. No, he runs right into the tackles and then fights for extra yards. It's awesome to watch, but I think he's very vulnerable to getting seriously hurt. I hope he stays healthy, because this kid has the ability to break Danny Weurful's records. As for the Pro's.... he would excite fans and NFL teams would love to have him. I think he'll go pro and then go into the ministry. Just like Danny Weurful.

Ummm, GO NOLES!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
although a degree is invaluable to most of us in the working profession, how much money in his case would make him leave early?????10 million???

1 - 20 of 22 Posts