Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the late report but here it goes. We left Day Break Marina at about 6am on a bottom fishing/tuna trip. My crew was Jacob Brown, Mac Amos, Ben Harris, Todd Causey, Chris Land, and Johnny Scarborough. We purchased bait from the bait boat and caught a few of our own as well. After filling the live well I set a course of 202 degrees and ran to some rocks in about 250 feet that I have never fished before. We had decent success with some scamp and a couple of snapper and one wahoo but not real good. After hitting several rocks I decided to make a course for the Marlin rig and on the way we came up on a couple of large patches of grass so we stopped to check them out. We caught a few more hard tails and a decent sized dolphin. We were greeted at the Marlin rig with about 10 boats already there. We saw a few tuna jumping so we put out some live hard tails and without much luck until right after dark we started getting them. We caught 4 yellowfin and at about 10pm we decided to head north to some shallower water and try for a sword. Morning came with no bites so off to try our hand at deep dropping just east of the 255 rig. The current was very strong and made deep dropping almost impossible but we did manage 3 yellowedge and one snowy along with about 6 sea bass. The current won so I headed towards the NW to some scamp and snapper grounds. This was a great decision. The bite was on fire and the large scamp and snapper gave it up. By about noon the boxes were full so we headed home. We made it back to Day Break at about 4pm with a great catch. The final catch was 4 yellow fin tuna, 1 wahoo, 1 dolphin, 14 snapper, 4 AJ's, 6 sea bass, 1 gag, 3 yellow edge, 1 snowy, and 16 scamp. The best tuna bait was live hard tails, the scamp and snapper liked them as well along with live cigar minnows and the deep drop bait was bonito. The AJ's ate live hard tails and live white snapper. The fishing was great and the memories will last. Good luck and tight lines. Pictures to follow.

·
Team Jack 'Em Up
400 Posts
I was there that evening helping clean them...heck of a mess of fish, that's for sure. Excellent work as always Tommy and crew!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts