Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
We should clarify that the message in the sand was simply signed "G.S.". To which Gulf Scream appears to be the only possible owner of said initials. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see it in person, Ollie showed me the pics after the fact.

I have to admit, it's pretty darn funny. And shows great competitiveness... Except that whoever it was spent time writing it that they could have spent fishing. :shedevil :poke

Keep on yakin it! :letsdrink

Alex

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Yaksquatch (2/17/2010)We should clarify that the message in the sand was simply signed "G.S.". To which Gulf Scream appears to be the only possible owner of said initials. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see it in person, Ollie showed me the pics after the fact.

I have to admit, it's pretty darn funny. And shows great competitiveness... Except that whoever it was spent time writing it that they could have spent fishing. :shedevil :poke

Keep on yakin it! :letsdrink
Alex
As captain of Kayak Wars "Team Gulf Scream" it has come to my attention that someone is refering to our team as G.S. / Gulf Stream or Gulf Scream. Supposedly you have pix of this sand writing. So are we all going to see what the pix :takephoto look like or is this being made up? Maybe they are someones initials? I would like to see the pix myself. Maybe it was one of my guys on the team. I will ask around and get back on it.

So did Ollie actually catch any fishwhile the said event was going on? He indicated that the bite died during the sand writing escapade. So what did this sand writing look like? Was it in code? Did it make any unusual references to treasure? Maybe they were geocachers or geotrekkers! Maybe it didn't say kayak wars, but something that looked like it. Maybe someone is trying to start some smack on the Blood Water Team? Maybe the initials were B.W., only the pix will tell.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Bonsaifishrman (2/17/2010)
PBTH (2/17/2010)I admit only that I have vowed to pillage and plunder in the name of Kayak Wars!

Ha ha, that is a funny one. I say we find out where the place is and fish all the sheepies out of it.

That's ok, if you find it then we've got another even better spot.:shedevil

Alex

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Yaksquatch (2/18/2010)
Bonsaifishrman (2/17/2010)
PBTH (2/17/2010)I admit only that I have vowed to pillage and plunder in the name of Kayak Wars!
Ha ha, that is a funny one. I say we find out where the place is and fish all the sheepies out of it.

That's ok, if you find it then we've got another even better spot.:shedevil

Alex
Still waiting to see the proverbial sand writings that set all the thread in motion. Bet your afraid when we see the pictures, we will find out where you are fishing for all those sheephead you have been catching.:nonono

·
Registered
415 Posts
I just bought a house and am remodeling it, so I'm working full time in the day, then till 10:00 pm at night, then all weekend. So fishing isn't an option right now, but I've got maybe a week left of work on my house. Then we'll see who's talking all the trash. By the way, it wasn't me, andsheepshead are only 10 pts a piece.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
BloodyWaters (2/17/2010)it read. ''IT IS KAYAK WAR" , "THE FISH ARE OURS", " G.S. KAYAK WARS" , "WE KNOW" . Hmmmm, maybe it was you bonsai?
Hmmmm, maybe it was you bonsai?

OK, this has gotten old and didn't go anywhere. Yup, it was me. I decided to find out where the secret place was. I searched google maps, street maps and drove around on recon with some binocs. I not only found the place, but you were there that day. Some guys building a house told me where you put in at. I drove there and decided to do the sand writings.

It was all in fun and hope this didn't get your dander up. Meant no harm. All my team members knew it was me, but wouldn't say. We really tried to get you to post the sand writing pics. They would have been cool for Kayak Wars.

So there it is and good luck on your fishing efforts. By the way, fished the secret spot twice and only caught a small slot trout.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Bonsaifishrman (2/21/2010)
BloodyWaters (2/17/2010)it read. ''IT IS KAYAK WAR" , "THE FISH ARE OURS", " G.S. KAYAK WARS" , "WE KNOW" . Hmmmm, maybe it was you bonsai?

Hmmmm, maybe it was you bonsai?

OK, this has gotten old and didn't go anywhere. Yup, it was me. I decided to find out where the secret place was. I searched google maps, street maps and drove around on recon with some binocs. I not only found the place, but you were there that day. Some guys building a house told me where you put in at. I drove there and decided to do the sand writings.

It was all in fun and hope this didn't get your dander up. Meant no harm. All my team members knew it was me, but wouldn't say. We really tried to get you to post the sand writing pics. They would have been cool for Kayak Wars.

So there it is and good luck on your fishing efforts. By the way, fished the secret spot twice and only caught a small slot trout.

No worries, and no offense taken by any of us. :grouphug Ollie's been a little short lately, posting from his phone, since his computer's been uncooperative.

Nice job on the recon, very impressive. By the way, you may have found the spot but you ain't got the touch!!! :baby

Alex

·
Registered
42 Posts
come on now ya'll! the "touch" to catch a sheepshead...lol i like that. i went out for about 30 min. today and caught 2 in rippin conditions. if you have the right bait and know how there is little skill involved!!! i had to call it early b/c of prior obligations... i'll limit out next time i go and post up to show ya just what i'm talking about. :shedevil

1 - 20 of 23 Posts