Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brandy, Reese (FishinFL), and Mike (GrouperNinja) and I entered the Alabama spearfishing tournament, and the Gulf Coast Grand Salm. We had high hopes of fame and glory and prize money.

They were callin for awful marine forecast this weekend.. We still went out both days, friday and saturday. We got beat to hell. But we gave em hell tryin. It was 5-6, with a few crazy idontknowwhatthehellsizethatjustwas monsters that come over. The boat handled like a champ, bilge pumps working hard. Had waves continually breakin over the boat and dang do I love self bailing decks. Had a couple friday that that broke a wall of water over us, AND OVER THE T-TOP! Was like deadliest catch with a 7 foot wall of water swampin yer ass!

IT WAS SO RUFF THAT IT LITERALLY KNOCKED THE RUBRAIL OFF THE BOAT! From one side around the front, and all the way down one side, bout good 30 foot of it. And the wiring harness ziptied to the t-top for the spreader lights, bout 5 zipties broke and released there load.

Got seperated from the boat on friday, came up lil over a quarter mile from the boat, Mike and I. Brandy was manning the boat. 1/4 mile is a long way when your bobbin in 4 footers. We swam towards the boat for bout 15 minutes, and it just didnt seem like we were gettin any closer. Bright yellow bands on your gun make for exxellent vis, and we stuck our guns straight up, and Brandy instantly saw us, pulled anchor and marker bouy and came swooped us up. And yes, I had a see me tube and storm whistle too. just didnt haver to use it.

Turns out the anchor didnt hold as ruff as the sees where, but it hooked the marker bouy, and drug it along too. So Brandy watchin the marker bouy thought he was still on the spot and couldnt tell he was driftin! I got my exersize for the weekend!

We didnt fair well as far as fish go, I got a nice spade, I was sure there was a division for em..:banghead, and Mike(GrouperNinja) got 3 spades, a sheephead, and a nice big Jack Crevalle...er....I mean Amberjack! Hee hee. Brandy got 2 red snapper. FishinFL and I didn't get to dive saturday due to my stupidity, but thats another story.

We pulled into Orange beach pass sa:letsdrinkturday bout 2:30, with no beer, wich Reese says was my fault, I still think that was his fault.:poke , limping in, tired and sore with 2 red snapper to weigh in for the tournament. We pulled up to Tacky Jacks, and I called the tornament director on his cell phone even though weigh in wasnt till 5-7 at Tackys, but if he was there wanted to see if we could pick up our shirts and maybe weigh the sanppers, (and my spade and Mikes Jack Crevalle) in.

Well, he told me in a voice that expressed shock, and a hint of damnyouguysaresomestupidbastards that the tournament was cancelled this weekend because of how bad the weather was!

Oops!:doh:doh:doh

We promptly got some beer to go, the sun came out BLAZIN, the intercostal was calm as a bass pond, I lit up a cigarette near the gas pumps at the docks, and for the first time all weekend, we were able to open up the motors all out and get on plane at a good smooth 38mph back towards home. We passed about 4 rainbows, and even though we may of been some of the dumbest idiots out there......

I REALLY DON'T THINK YOU COULD FIND 4 MORE DEDICATED FISHSHOOTERS OUT THERE THAN THE FOUR OF US!

Besides, the tournaments been rescheduled for 2 weeks from now. This was just our shakedown practice run. Were givin em hell in 2 weeks.:letsdrink

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
You're f'n nuts man.

Go weigh in your snapper at Bay Breeze or MBT. I think you'll be the first spearfishermen to weigh in in the Grand Slam.

Better luck (and weather) the rest of the go.

Nuts I tell ya.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
ahaha, Damn clay that sucks but then it's funny... I guess this is one of them times you look back and laugh...

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Ummmm oops LOL I guess you won! I went to the pass yesterday and started heading out and said "NOPE!!!"

·
Registered
433 Posts
Man thats a hell of a day, I had to go take a dramamine after that report, Give them hell next time no one will want to "F" with u guys in two weeks, look foward to meeting you this weekend:toast

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yep, I made it out with'em on Saturday.........Mom always said, If your gonna be dumb.......you'd better be tough!!

Great company out on the water!

I wonder if they will be selling OIL at the flea market sale......:poke

And a big compass.....maybe some SS hardware for mounting a gps...

It was a fun shake down cruise and I STILL look forward to diving off that new boat Clay!

Sea Ya, Reese

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
CLAY-DOH..... I'll have to admit you make me smile when I read your fishing reports. Keep them coming brother. LOL........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts