Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep. cool front is here. I spect a teal or two has come in with it, but we're still a couple of weeks away so they may or may not be here.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
IDK about the teal,but,there should be a few local woodies up river.Where do you find teal this time of the year,in the bay?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going to start looking in the lakes and rivers. Lot's of water this year and it's still early. I've been asking around and they're in MS, AR and AL. So I figure the'll start showing up here. Anybody else out there looking?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
There's a few around, key word few. Some of my friends in LA got some.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
They hammerd the teal this past weekend in AL..... We have been seeing a few the past couple weeks. And been seeing good number of woodies...
Just hope the teal don't pass us up and keep headed south before we get a chance.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Going good, been trying to figure out the best way to hunt here and in LA, MS, and AR. Public land or a lease or both. They all have pluses and minuses. I have a buddy that lives 30 minutes from Stuttgart, so will probably go up there 3-4 weekends this year. Did you mount your canadian?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Going good, been trying to figure out the best way to hunt here and in LA, MS, and AR. Public land or a lease or both. They all have pluses and minuses. I have a buddy that lives 30 minutes from Stuttgart, so will probably go up there 3-4 weekends this year. Did you mount your canadian?

No....Looking at mounting my nephiews tho...It was his first one. Both would be great if you can do it. Going to be hunting LA,TX,NC and a trip to AR. Along with one to MN hopefully.

·
Registered
71 Posts
can anybody tell me where to start if I want try duck hunting? I looked up duck migration routes and it seems like MS and LA have the most action but you know how it is trying to learn something off the internet. I'm guessing there's still some public land to hunt on in either state?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
can anybody tell me where to start if I want try duck hunting? I looked up duck migration routes and it seems like MS and LA have the most action but you know how it is trying to learn something off the internet. I'm guessing there's still some public land to hunt on in either state?
If you wanna just try it the best thing to do is go to LA and hire a guide its expensive but wouldn't be as expensive as buying everthing you need, and then tromping around public land and deciding its not for you.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Saltgrass go to Canada! That is where you can get a limit everyday you hunt. I have been 5 times. Incredible! I have hunted in Ar. Tx, N.C. MS,ND, Sd nothing compares to Sasketchewan.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've been wanting to go to Sasketchwan for years, but have never found anyone to go with. Everything I read describes it as Mecca. I'm still pretty new to waterfowl, but have been hunting upland birds for 30 years. I was in the military for 22 years and have been lucky to hunt in about 15 states. I'm putting in for the Sandhill Crane draw in NM this season and hope to add that to my list.
Whitetail, it's better to find somebody to go with a couple of times to see if you like duck hunting. There are some good public land places in MS, they're easy weekend hunts and not expensive.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts