Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Memorial day weekend there I am playing around with the lady fish in 8-10 feet of water. I see a Tarpon dash under my kayak with a Porpoise on his butt heading into the lady fish. I say to myself did I just see what I thought I saw? Then I cast out my 4 in X Rap again and I drag it right up to my boat and bang there goes the drag and the Tarpon is belly up and headed for shallow water. I got to see him eat the bait which was so awesome. About the time I think he is going to beach himself he turns and runs almost directly back at me. About 30 feet to my side the lure pops out and all is over. I left the GoPro in the car but in my mind I can still see that fish belly up and in the surf. So amazing what they can do in just a few moments of time. He was a smaller one maybe 50-60 lbs but so beautiful.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Cool story! Tarpon are a rush.

·
Super Moderator
28,499 Posts
The air show is the best part.... Probably cause hook ups is all I have done!!!!!!! Ain't grabbed on to one yet!!!!

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
The air show is the best part.... Probably cause hook ups is all I have done!!!!!!! Ain't grabbed on to one yet!!!!
I know that feeling, Jason. I jumped off/broke off 12 before landing lucky 13. The idiot fishing with me that morning had never seen a tarpon except in magazines, and he landed his first hookup!

OP, ladyfish are one of the best live baits for tarpon there is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts