Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
targeted species for 10-4-6 2019
apparently in AL waters I can catch any kindof fish I want except the grey trigger.

rod/reel greater amber jack ARS.
Plan to cruise around the wrecks w/in state waters and the natural gas rigs.

Troll both bay and close to shore GOM Spanish.
Troll off shore blue water for large pelgics. Large deep diver lures close trollers, teasers just behind prop. Wash. Skirted cigar minnows or medium sized mullet far trollers.

Spearoing at each rig or grass patch for cobia & Mahui.spearoing at the organe Bch jetties.

snorkeling Gigging for flounder (haven’t found spot for them in OB).will cruise back w/in the inshore like near tributarys w/ current to obtain the bait pin,finger mullet, bull minnows croaker ect.

thanks for any helpfull advice STB

·
Premium Member
9,824 Posts
STB if you will, allow me to make a suggestion.

Your plans cover to broad of a spectrum. Pick one of the many above that you listed and focus on that. Have a inshore plan for backup in case the weather doesn’t cooperate with your offshore plan.

I think you would have better success being a little more focused on one or the other. Not enough time to do it all.

Good luck.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm thinking it mite be a tad to hot to be out on the water.

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,970 Posts
Hat, sunblock, lots-o-water, you'll be fine.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Glad to see you back on here Capt
just haven't been cruising mainly because of all the misery in FL.

Sunday under the Orange Bch. Bridge very strong current out to sea, pulled up my10LB danforth anchor w/20’ chain. Why don’t people tie up to the brigde?

STB if you will, allow me to make a suggestion.

Your plans cover to broad of a spectrum. Pick one of the many above that you listed and focus on that. Have a inshore plan for backup in case the weather doesn’t cooperate with your offshore plan.

I think you would have better success being a little more focused on one or the other. Not enough time to do it all.

Good luck.
yeah you're correct I usually emphasize trolling for pelagics in Destin thinking organg Bch is more bottom fishing?
had much better luck in Ft. Morgan area but the flies are to much there.

sunblock, lots-o-water, you'll be fine.
sunblock is for wussies I sit under somekindof cover at all times I like minimal exposure to the sun.

Thrusday night arval found broken fuel line right where it exits the engine I maybe bending the fuel line to much when I tilt up for trailering (was tested 2 weeks prior)

it was weird first I pump pump primer bulb that didn't feel to be flowing either fuel or vent then the burst cobbled it but dugg further to find a clogged line after the bulb the grey $45.tube from Amazone (I don't like this layer of plasic tube inside the actuele tube I thought I was buying decent marine grade fuel line)

only used a few times. and yes I have water separter and fuel filter.2nd rant over

I had some leftover fuel line it was a tad short. think I add to keep as spare onboard part list.
the weather was nice GOM Fri, later part of Saturday turned snottie for me that's over 3-4' swells at 2 sec intervals.

Still trolled offshore this is the first expedition out of say 2 dozen trips the large rapala magunm didn't get a bitplus that last time.
Normaley this time of year troll lure’s & cigar minnow w/ a mylar dusters produces
Pelics.not this time.

I'm starting to think the sharks have ruined even the possiability of getting hooked up.
Hopefully mother nature will sort out the over population of sharks until then whose use’s shark as chum? let them bastards eat themselves, rant over.

Sunday over 4' at Orange bch. pass..crusied the bay.

Only decent keeper was a larger croaker about 14”caught on a stripe of squid w/ weighted hook.

to summarize yes even though it was rougher seas than preferred conditions.

I've found if I keep mentioning to myself it doesn't get any better than this, this while being bounced around kindof like a pinball.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts