Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling for a friend. I do not know what its worth, appears to be in great shape, other than the normal scratches. It has something in it, opened the valve, and shit comes out, didnt let it all out. I do know that it will need to be inspected, as the sticker it has says its been 10 years. Supposedly its been indoors that entire time...

Let the bidding begin?!?!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Knot a Yacht (11/26/2007)What numbers are stamped on it toward the top portion.

Oh man..you had to ask...LOL...

CTC DOT-3AL3300 S90 M4002

A79009 9 IA/11 88

11 CC/A4 93

6 A4/93 99

Thats pretty close to how the reside on the tank

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
reefcreature (11/26/2007)
you do mean just air came out right?

Yea, just air...

Why is it useless? Didnt think a air tank would have an experation date? Its real close to a nitrous bottle, and they dont expire! :)

Could always be used for filling up tires if it is useless......lol

·
eating tasty
3,791 Posts
its not useless... is the manufacturer Luxfer? If so, pre 1988 Luxfers apparently had a history of exploding during fills, or something like that. Some dive shops are sketchy about filling pre 88s, but, when I worked at a dive shop and filled them all the time no prob. As long as the tank passed a hydrostatic test, its safe. Pending hydro and VIP, its prob a great tank. Good luck on your sale.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Its not that it couldnt pass hydro. Its that its not worth paying hydro plus the new test that have to be done on pre 88s to find out.

Some shops wont even fill with hydro just because .

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Luxfers made during and before1988 and all Walter Kidde tanks are made from an alloy that's proven to be faulty, and can explode at any time without prior warning. Shops refusing to fill them is simply a safety issue. There have been a few folks - mostly dive shop employees -killedand seriously injured by them, and it's just not worth the risk for a $5 air fill.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Evensplit (11/27/2007)Luxfers made during and before1988 and all Walter Kidde tanks are made from an alloy that's proven to be faulty, and can explode at any time without prior warning. Shops refusing to fill them is simply a safety issue. There have been a few folks - mostly dive shop employees -killedand seriously injured by them, and it's just not worth the risk for a $5 air fill.
That's good information,Thanks.

·
Registered
840 Posts
For the record..... I was not trying to keep your buddy from a sale. I was just looking out for the other members I dive with on tho PFF. The tank is probably fine , but there has been a problem with the older tanks and I was just trying to save some headache. Good luck with the sale ! Plus Clay doh gave me an I told You so today, Bastard!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Didn't think you were intentionally trying to spoil a sale, sorry if that's howit looked.

There is a lot of confusion out there over the older tanks.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
:moon

Brandy...We would get along so much better if you came to the realization that I am always right......:letsdrink

By the way...you need a big tank.....sick of diving by myself the last 15 minutes, and gettin stuck pullin the anchor out of the wrecks by myself. Not to mention I get scared, and wish you were there to protect me...and Tom Selleck has a comforting voice, in a non-homo way:letsdrink:grouphug

1 - 20 of 27 Posts