Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
SaltWaterDave
1,852 Posts
Great video. You guys have that dialed in pretty well. I grew up fishing that area in the 80s and 90s . Glad to see that the fishing is still great as ever.

·
Super Moderator
7,119 Posts
Grew up down there. We used to dive the Skyway pilings in the winter for stone crab. There are some monster snook around there!

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Get into some 10-15 pounders on artificials at night on an outgoing tide and hang on.
They will tear you a new one !

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I fished Baldwin County my whole life, and as great as it was, I'm really excited about all the opportunity that is down here in Tampa. I'm getting better at finding fish down here. Keep your browser pegged to pff and florida sportsman west central forums. My channel is www.youtube.com/headfirstfishing

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
I could tell you many sea stories about the snook I killed back in the 50s and 60s. I spent many hours in the water off of Bradenton Beach 109 5th St south spearing snook and catching them off the beach from the rock jetties that were there. I stood on the beach back in 1960 at 17 years old looked out and decided to see the world and joined the Navy. Been a hell of a ride.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
I could tell you many sea stories about the snook I killed back in the 50s and 60s. I spent many hours in the water off of Bradenton Beach 109 5th St south spearing snook and catching them off the beach from the rock jetties that were there. I stood on the beach back in 1960 at 17 years old looked out and decided to see the world and joined the Navy. Been a hell of a ride.
I bet you got some good stories to share. I grew up in central FL in the 60's. I know how good the fishing was back then.

HFF- cool video, I use to fish skyway from the old bridge before they commercialized it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bet you got some good stories to share. I grew up in central FL in the 60's. I know how good the fishing was back then.

HFF- cool video, I use to fish skyway from the old bridge before they commercialized it.
Glad you liked it. How would you say it is now compared to then?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts