Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hunting in Tallahassee on private land this past weekend with my family. For the third and last hunt I moved off the green plot because we had not been seeing anything, and moved to an exposed stand 150yds from woods. I gave it everything I had hoping they were in rut and called in a huge deer that was all fired up scraping his horns on every bush and tree between the two of us. He finally raised his head and it was a massive thick necked 10 point! I fired a shot left handed over my shoulder and watched him blow blood out of his lungs! Good shot and he dropped not too long after! I was SO EXCITED! I Looked up and I had a spike staring at me and another buck walking away. I grunted with my mouth, he turned broadside and looked and it was a 9pt! I took the shot and had 2 bucks within 10 minutes! When I finally calmed down I remembered that I was only allowed to shoot one buck on this property per year and in the moment I honestly forgot. I may have forfeited my privilege of hunting this land :( My first time ever hunting last year was on the same land and the first day in a stand I shot a 12 point for my first deer! What a great privilege gone to waste. Even if I don't have the opportunity to go back I hope that they believe me and forgive me when I say that I did not mean to take advantage of them and I guess I had "buck fever" . I'm new to hunting and have never had the opportunity to let a buck walk. I just saw the horns and pulled the trigger without thinking. Extremely grateful for the opportunity that I have had! A 12pt, 9pt, and 10pt all within 13 months! Also, this was the first time hunting with my Dad since I was a kid. Too bad I had to show the old man up!

Attachments

·
Registered
14,737 Posts
Same thing happened to a preacher I know (not Spooney)... happened quick and before he knew it he had killed two bucks in a pile... on a man drive, after he realized that he had killed both bucks, he walked to the next stander and asked the guy had he killed anything?, guy says no - not yet and the preacher smiled and said " congratulations.. you just killed a nice one!
Looks like you coulda pulled that off with your dad, but maybe your more honest than a preacher!!
Congrats - What a way to go!

·
Super Moderator
28,508 Posts
AWESOME!!!!! Nice bucks there!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts