Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<DIV style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 12pt"><P class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt">YACHT DELIVERY
<SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">
65' custom-built motor yacht complete with 4 staterooms,a state-of-the-art galley, GPS System and radar for navigation,twin supercharged diesel engines, etc.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p></DIV></DIV><DIV style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 12pt"><P class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-WEIGHT: bold">$4,500,000.00 <o:p></o:p><DIV style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" class=MsoNormal align=center><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-WEIGHT: bold"><HR align=center SIZE=2 width="100%" alignter=""></DIV><DIV classMsoNormal=""><P class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><o:p></o:p></DIV></DIV></DIV><P class=MsoNormal classMsoNormal=""><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-WEIGHT: bold">Champagne, chocolate covered strawberries with cream andmusic dockside for the excited 'soon to be owners' and a smallgroup of friends.

$500.00
<P class=MsoNormal classMsoNormal=""><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-WEIGHT: bold">
<P class=MsoNormal classMsoNormal=""><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-WEIGHT: bold">Two corporate representatives, crane, and rigging completewith faulty turnbuckle.<o:p></o:p><DIV classMsoNormal=""><P class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-WEIGHT: bold">$2,500/hour
</DIV>
<o:p></o:p></DIV><o:p>
</o:p></DIV><o:p></o:p></DIV><o:p>(Note the guy in the stern!)

Watching your dreamboat nose dive into the harbor, accompanied by two corporate
Representatives just prior to 'inking' the final paperwork...
</o:p></DIV><o:p></o:p></DIV><o:p>
</o:p></DIV><o:p></o:p></DIV><o:p>PRICELESS!<o:p></o:p><DIV classMsoNormal=""><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-WEIGHT: bold"><P class=MsoNormal>
So, how was your day.....<P class=MsoNormal><P class=MsoNormal>Can you imagine trying to explain this back at the office....</DIV></DIV></DIV></o:p></DIV></DIV></DIV>

·
Registered
479 Posts
Bamagirl325 (10/14/2009)I had never seen that one. Thats is a bad day for sure....
Me either, and I can think of several other choice words besides "holy cow" that woulda come outta my mouth!! OUCH!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Jamielu (10/14/2009)
Bamagirl325 (10/14/2009)I had never seen that one. Thats is a bad day for sure....
Me either, and I can think of several other choice words besides "holy cow" that woulda come outta my mouth!! OUCH!
I hadn't seen it either. I certainly would be glad I hadn't inked the deal!!! :letsdrink

·
Registered
173 Posts
Those pictures remind me of my trip to St. Johns. Waiting to take the ferry to St. Johns from St. ThomasI was having a beer at a bar watching a freighter being unloaded. There was a brand newPeterbuilt dump truck on the top of the boxes. They hooked up to the truck and i thought to myself how it would suck if they dropped it. They got it swung off the boatand over the dock and one of the shackles broke. It was about sixty feet in the air when it fell and it landed upside down on the dock. The truck was completely trashed. No telling how long someone waited for that thing to be delivered.

The bartender said it happens all the time. I believe if I ran the docks, I would be looking for some new riggers.

·
Registered
511 Posts
HaterAide (10/14/2009)Maybe like the 15th time these pictures have been shown on here...
Not sure how many times or where I've seen this but I have seen it a few times. Can you imagine how hard that guy in the transom door it going to hit?

·
Registered
5,474 Posts

Not even the same vessels. Check the rigging on the hoisting gear. Where is the bow railin the third photo? Where is the stainless steel shield protecting the bow from the anchorin the third photo?

Nice Photoshop though.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
sosmarine (10/14/2009)

http://www.snopes.com/photos/boats/badlaunch.asp[/quote]

If you read further down in the Snopes article, you'll see thatit states that "the first photograph is included to illustrate the loading procedure and did not necessarily originate with the same sequence".

I know that such accidents happen. I was saying B.S. to the sequence as depicted. I'm pretty sure that the second photograph is also not part of the actual sequence. Notice the exposure and color variations.

Consequently, in regards to the sequence of photos, I'm still calling it

·
Registered
146 Posts
Orion45 (10/14/2009)
sosmarine (10/14/2009)

If you read further down in the Snopes article, you'll see thatit states that "the first photograph is included to illustrate the loading procedure and did not necessarily originate with the same sequence".

I know that such accidents happen. I was saying B.S. to the sequence as depicted. I'm pretty sure that the second photograph is also not part of the actual sequence. Notice the exposure and color variations.

The point of the original post is the fact that somebody had a bad when this happened. So what if the first picture isn't the boat that splashed. Why is that BS? I think the BS is in your post. JMHO

·
Registered
490 Posts
It may not be the same boat and all that but I guarantee you this The poor guy on the port side stern in the second pic had a bad bad day.

and on the anchor guard could be the sun is shining on it or it got thorn off when it hit bottom thruster ground plates all that match.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
JollyGreen (10/14/2009)
Orion45 (10/14/2009)
sosmarine (10/14/2009)

The point of the original post is the fact that somebody had a bad when this happened. So what if the first picture isn't the boat that splashed. Why is that BS? I think the BS is in your post. JMHO
If you read my post carefully, you would see that I was questioning the photo sequence and not the event itself but apparently that's expecting too much of a rotorhead.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
capt.eugene (10/14/2009)It may not be the same boat and all that but I guarantee you this The poor guy on the port side stern in the second pic had a bad bad day.

and on the anchor guard could be the sun is shining on it or it got thorn off when it hit bottom thruster ground plates all that match.
Snopes already stated that the first photo is not related to the event. Take a good look at the two people in the water in the third photo. Compare them to the capsized boat. Using the people as a scale, does it seem that that is a 65' vessel? Also, the vessel in the second photo is not the same as the capsized one. That's photoshop. If you're interested, I can point out a couple of other discrepancies in the photos.

As I said before, I'm not questioning that the event happened, I'm questioning the photos.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts