Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Saltwater Fishing
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Snorkel Reef This Morning 09/27/2017 Wednesday

Went out this morning to snorkel reef, used Cigar Minnows, Hard-Tails and Finger Mullet. Limited out on Kings. Also caught two Spanish and a Bonito, which I kept as a person had asked for one. The cooler is a 35 inch cooler to give you some perspective and the large king was around 20 pounds give or take.

Attachments

·
Saltwater Fishing
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Going back to snorkel reef Thursday 09/28/2017

Will be back at snorkel reef in the morning at first light, slow trolling for Kings, Spanish and hopefully a Bonita or two that I can prep and use for shark fishing in the near future.

·
Saltwater Fishing
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tag along's welcome. Redfish and Spotted Trout Friday 09/29/2017

So far there will be two of us in the water at 6am. Location of entry is Oriole Beach Boat Ramp, on Gulf Breeze. It is a free ramp. We'll be using live shrimp for bait. I, usually get 5 dozen. Everyone that has gone and got less kick themselves in the behind, before its over. You can either just show up, or PM me and I'll give you my phone in case you get lost.

·
Saltwater Fishing
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Tentative BTB Saturday 6:00 am

If the Gulf is nice Saturday, I'll be fishing BTB for Kings, Spanish and anything else that wants to bite my bait. As always if its posted here tag-along's are more than welcome. (Launch site will be Snorkel Reef).
CANCELLED: Gulf conditions are expected to be nasty

·
Saltwater Fishing
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Tentative Sunday Trolling (Non Kayak) 9:00am

I only have room for One, so it's first come first serve. If the Gulf is decent, We'll be taking a couple of divers out in our 2640 Boat. While they dive, we can fish from the boat and on the way back, we'll be trolling. No equipment is needed, you can bring a rod and lures, something to eat and drink. There is no boat or gas fee's and you won't be asked to contribute. (We'll probably be 9-15 miles out for the trolling).
CANCELLED: Gulf conditions are expected to be nasty.

·
Saltwater Fishing
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BTB wednesday 09/11/2017 6:00 am

Going BTB at Snorkel Reef on Wednesday. Will be fishing for Kings, Spanish, Bonita, Blackfins and Sailfish. I'll be fishing a zone from about 800 - 2,000 yards off-shore. I'll be using a combination of live, frozen and artificial baits. Like always if you want to tag along, Pm me or just show up.

·
Saltwater Fishing
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Sheepshead Fishing Saturday 09/14/2017

I will be fishing for Sheepshead on Escambia Bay, along the I-10 bridge and the railroad trusses. I'll be leaving from Archie Glover Public Boat Ramp (N30° 32.112' W87° 07.424') at 6am. The boat ramp is a public ramp with restrooms, trailer parking and no fee's. I can handle 5 people fishing with me and will be providing each person with 3 dozen fiddler crabs. The crabs are dime to nickel size and you'll need probably #1 hook for them. If you want to mix bag, there are trout, flounder and redfish around the area as well and you'll need to bring your own bait. Jim's Fish Camp Opens at 5am, but is (Cash Only) and generally has live shrimp available. Please PM me if you intend to go and it is first come first serve. There is no charge for the crabs they are being donated by National Scuba. You will need a container to put them in and you will need to supply your own yak, gear, drinks and munchies.
Attending:
1. Native Slayer
2. CB541
3. qlock
4. txsouthcc
FULL anyone tagging along other than those listed will need to provide their own bait..

·
Registered
416 Posts
Id love to go put me down!!
I will be fishing for Sheepshead on Escambia Bay, along the I-10 bridge and the railroad trusses. I'll be leaving from Archie Glover Public Boat Ramp (N30° 32.112' W87° 07.424') at 6am. The boat ramp is a public ramp with restrooms, trailer parking and no fee's. I can handle 5 people fishing with me and will be providing each person with 3 dozen fiddler crabs. The crabs are dime to nickel size and you'll need probably #1 hook for them. If you want to mix bag, there are trout, flounder and redfish around the area as well and you'll need to bring your own bait. Jim's Fish Camp Opens at 5am, but is (Cash Only) and generally has live shrimp available. Please PM me if you intend to go and it is first come first serve. There is no charge for the crabs they are being donated by National Scuba. You will need a container to put them in and you will need to supply your own yak, gear, drinks and munchies.

·
Saltwater Fishing
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Added you to the Sheepshead Thread

Added you to the thread, figured I would put who's going, so we can all see who we will be fishing with.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Just saw this, got home late from work..you going BTB or Archie? Post were from same day...may meet y’all along the water in morning if I can get moving in time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Saltwater Fishing
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Today is BTB

Will be BTB today at Snorkel Reef. Saturday, will be inshore for Sheepshead. Hopefully see you on the water.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts