Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Grilled, Baked, Stuffed and Baked, Over openHardwoodFire on a Green Oak Stick with a hint of Old Bay (Don't laugh, that is GREAT), I have even heard of Frying it,

But, a couple of years ago Mike (Ultralite on here) posted a recipe that I have used that is unreal. I won't steal his operunity to share it because it's that good.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I tried to fryit onceand wasn't impressed. I have a stovetop method that involves butter, onion, Tony C's, maybe a splash of white wine that ain't too bad. I have to try this one though.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
jigslinger (2/28/2010) I have to try this one though.
pretty easy to make and please let usknow what you think...it was one of my dad's favorites...he would say "you'd pay $25 in any restaraunt for that"...pompano run is coming soon...can't wait...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Pompano is probably my favorite fish to eat out there! Very good white meat very versatile. The key with any fish is good flavoring and not over cooking it. I love baked pompano in a little bit of olive oil with a little rosemary salt, pepper, and lemon juice.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Pompano ranks up there as one of my favorites. Head and gut the fish cut 3 slits in eat side and bake it with whatever seasonings you like ans throw a few lemon slices in as well, also do it this way on the grill. It is good if you fillet and leave the skin on cooking it like I said above. We had it one night where you encrust the whole thing in salt and bake it and was awesome too! Pretty much anyway but fried is good

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Great tastin'! It'll make you stay out on the beach till you catch enough to have some extra at dinner time. My wife and I love it grilled, lightly dusted with blackening and then garlic butter and parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. Mmmmm Gooood!!!!

Tight Lines

Chris

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Shiznik (2/28/2010)Great tastin'! It'll make you stay out on the beach till you catch enough to have some extra at dinner time. My wife and I love it grilled, lightly dusted with blackening and then garlic butter and parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. Mmmmm Gooood!!!!

Tight Lines

Chris
You can say that again Chris!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts