Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fairly new to the area having moved to Gulf Breeze a little over a year ago. My T-top cover is "gone" and I need to replace it. I'm sure that some folks on this forum have had to replaced theirs also. Who do you recommend in terms of options for different types of cover materials, quality of workmanship and cost?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to reply.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Use Sunbrella plus, it's waterproof and worth the extra few dollars. Do you have the old one for a template. If soI might be able to get you one done next weekend.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Of course, down ther in FL you have a lot more people doing canvas work. Up her in TN I could not find any boat place that would make a new T-Top cover for a reasonable price. I ended up purchasing the Sunbrella on line and found a guy who works for the fire department sewing all of their canvas and gear. He has the heavy duty sewing machine that is uesed for upholstry. He give me a very good price on the sewing. He just took the old top as a pattern and made the new top. I put the gromnents in myself and put the top back on. Did the who thing for under $200. It was way less than the price quotes I got up her for the top replacement.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Reddish Canvas in Pensacola does pretty good work and they also use Sunbrella:

3840 West Navy Boulevard, Pensacola - <NOBR>(850) 456-1096</NOBR>

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
<DIV class="text vcard indent block" id=panel_A_2><DIV class="name lname"><SPAN class="fn org" id=title dir=ltr>Coastal Canvas?<SPAN class=actbar-local-wrapper><SPAN class=actbar id=actbar-A markerid="A" panelId="actbar-panel-A-2" jsvalues="@unique-id: $this.uniqueId;@id: 'actbar-'+$this.uniqueId;@markerid: $this.markerId;@panelId: 'actbar-panel-'+$this.uniqueId;"><SPAN id=actbar-btns-A jsvalues="@id:'actbar-btns-'+$this.uniqueId" jsskip="1" jsdisplay="$this.visible!='none'"><SPAN class=actbar-cmpct action="actbar-more" jsaction="ab.topLevelClick">
<SPAN class=detls>- <NOBR>more info »</NOBR></DIV><SPAN class=adr id=adr dir=ltr>3023 Westfield Road, Gulf Breeze, FL? - <SPAN class=nw dir=ltr><SPAN class=tel>(850) 932-6233?</DIV></DIV></DIV>

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just had mine done by Island Quest Canvas, I put it on myself and they were less than half the cost of the other 3 estimates that I got.

Jake

·
Registered
993 Posts
A Reddish Canvas is not open anymore call Rudy French 850-221-9566 he done all he work on my boat all looks great and he has a good price

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Weblon is the stuff to use. It is a 2 sided vinyal that lasts 2 to 3 years longer than sunbrella. For approx. $200 we'll strip pattern and have Coastal build you a new one and put it on. That is for a5 X 7 top. Anything wider is an up charge as the fabric comes in 60 inch widths. Tim:usaflag

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Breeze Fabricators (3/29/2010)Weblon is the stuff to use. It is a 2 sided vinyl that lasts 2 to 3 years longer than Sunbrella. For approx. $200 we'll strip pattern and have Coastal build you a new one and put it on. That is for a5 X 7 top. Anything wider is an up charge as the fabric comes in 60 inch widths. Tim:usaflag
Use them they do Excellent work and a resealable price.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
born2fizh (3/29/2010)A Reddish Canvas is not open anymore call Rudy French 850-221-9566 he done all he work on my boat all looks great and he has a good price
Didn't know they closed. I just had two small jobs done about a month and a half ago.

·
T-Top Replacement Covers
4 Posts
Todd,
I own A-Team Marine Upholstery & Canvas. The heart of my business is T-Top replacement covers. Most sell for $249 depending on size. I would be happy to give you a quote. Please call me Dave 321-268-5484 to go over any details.
I am a sponsor on the product section of THT
Thanks
Dave
321-268-5484

1 - 13 of 13 Posts