Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Hobie PA14
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a GoPro Black for my birthday and am ready to give it a shot. I downloaded the GoPro app on my Samsung Galaxy phone. The only problem I'm having is getting the camera to synch with my Android app. I turn the camera on, set the Wi-Fi to GoPro App, turn on the app and it doesn't find the camera. Has anyone had this problem?? thanks, GT

·
Registered
46 Posts
Go pro is definitely WiFi. I haven't had any problem with the app on my phone or pad, both are android.
Does your phone see the gopro WiFi?

·
Videographer
1,735 Posts
I think you have to set up the network info from a desktop first.
You should have the gopro plugged into the desktop. After you set this up you can unplug it.

Next...Make sure the wifi button on the gopro is activated. Should have a blinking blue light on the gopro.
Pull up the available networks on the phone and you should be able to switch to the gopro's network.
Make sure you also update the gopro's firmware as well before you try to use it.
The gopro site has step by step info.

·
Videographer
1,735 Posts
Turn the wifi button on your go pro on. Then turn wifi on your galaxy on. The go to wifi settings on your phone and connect to the go pro. Then you're able to use the app. You don't have to do any kind of setup on your desktop first
You may not have to do the setup first....but you can set up and name the network that the gopro creates if you do the setup first.

You have to download the firmware to a desktop anyway...putting it on the sd card. Might as well do the setup while you are doing that.

Like i said....do what the gopro site says....it's step by step ...and easy to understand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts