Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got skunked on the Sykes sound side. 2 others leaving before we got there said they had no luck. They fished from 6:30 pm-8pm. Where are the sheepshead. We were using live shrimp, dead shrimp and oysters. Do sheepshead exists? Somebody let me know. Who caught a sheepshead recently?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Sorry about the bad luck. Somebody posted a report in the kayak forum yesterday, had 5 sheeps but not sure where, you could check out his post.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I went last Sunday morning 7 to 11 and I got a couple of good bites but noticed that the barnacles on the pilings had a funky looking algae clinging to it thought it might have something to do with it ?

·
I'd Love to Catch a
3,958 Posts
The bite turns off at night, you will have better luck for sheepshead during daylight
I had always heard that too, but I don't think it's true. Last night my buddy & I were out yakking at 3 Mile & we talked to a fellow yakker who was fishing the pilings out by the hump & he was catching sheepies. This was at 3AM.

·
FishSlayer
565 Posts
It's not impossible to do, the good guaranteed bite turns off towards dark but you can find those hungry groups of fish that will bite at night, yall going out in the yaks tonight thafish?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts