Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are from a couple of swordfish we caught this summer. We had a guy in south florida due them.

I think they turned out really good.

4,058 Posts
Nice Milo. Didn't even know they could turn out that pretty. Ours look like old driftwood now. If you got a yankee or someone that is not overly familiar with fishing, I would just tell them it's the tusks from a sabretooth tiger you killed one day while hunting. No big deal. Killed it with a bunch of dogs and a knife.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
The Blue Hoo (10/26/2009)Nice Milo. Didn't even know they could turn out that pretty. Ours look like old driftwood now. If you got a yankee or someone that is not overly familiar with fishing, I would just tell them it's the tusks from a sabretooth tiger you killed one day while hunting. No big deal. Killed it with a bunch of dogs and a knife.

Do you even know how many swords are caught by Yankees? You might want to watch a little Discovery channel..rofl

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
The Blue Hoo (10/26/2009)Nice Milo. Didn't even know they could turn out that pretty. Ours look like old driftwood now. If you got a yankee or someone that is not overly familiar with fishing, I would just tell them it's the tusks from a sabretooth tiger you killed one day while hunting. No big deal. Killed it with a bunch of dogs and a knife.

Dang Woody maybe you could the Yankees from Massachusetts (Oh that's right they catch the crap out of much bigger swords then the gulf)

Too Funny.

I do wonder how they got an "Ivory" color - does a membrane come off?

·
Registered
337 Posts
look good Miles ... what r u doin at home .... deer season is in.... r there fixed to the board or r they just resting against it ???

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
pretty cool...I have a bill around here somewhere that I thought about cleaning up, I'd heard of it done but don't know where to start. Stingray barbs turn out pretty neat also, boil them, scrrub all the meat/skin off with a old toothbrush, then put it in bleach over night. Turns out nice and white and pretty cool looking with all the jagged teeth on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts