Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has wanted to switch from AT&T to Verizon for a while. Since both of our phones were old it was time to shop. I did my research and if you buy one Galaxy S10+ you get $750 off the second phone. Then I asked the rep about a phone trade. He wasn't sure if you could stack promos so he called someone and found out you could so we got $300 for each phone. Then I asked about the $200 Visa card for each number ported. He called someone again and found out we qualified for 2 Visa cards. So 2 new Galaxy S10+ phones cost $1999.98 minus $750 minus $600 minus $400 equals $249.98. That is a very good deal in my opinion plus they have a 55+ unlimited plan for $80 for 2 lines. I don't think I would have received all of these perks if I hadn't done my homework. For anybody thinking about making a changed now may be a good time.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My wife also wanted insurance and the store told us that only one plan was available and it would cost $13 monthly. I didn't like the cost so after we got home I called CS. Found out they had a plan for $6.75 and the only difference was tech support. I don't need that so I switched.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
I also just switched to Verizon last night from ATT, but they didn’t say anything about the 55 +, I’m gonna call back today. Still got a good deal tho. Two iPhone 8’s unlimited with hotspot, insurance 140.00 per month.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Well, that’s a load of crap, 55+ is not offered in Alabama.
My MIL has a senior plan Kenny that's something like $45/month. Not sure if that includes anything except phone service but you may want to double check with someone else.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to clarify the 55+ plan is only for people over the age of 55. Not sure how old you are. Looks like it would be offered nationwide.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
my verizon bill was $78/month. switched to spectrummobile for $26/month.
got an android lg k30 for $200, a $1500 phone. monthly service is $13 and insurance is $13. phone replacement with insurance is $40. i'm happy.

jack

·
Registered
8,888 Posts
I have 5 phones with Verizon, all phones paid up and was thinking of shopping around. Like the service but not thrilled with price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
We switched to TMobile and best thing we ever did. Their service is great and no issues. 3 lines with my Veteran discount with free Netflix and hotspot all fees is $90 per month.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Just to clarify the 55+ plan is only for people over the age of 55. Not sure how old you are. Looks like it would be offered nationwide.
I understand that, I’m 60, and it is only available in a handful of states, she named them, 5 I think and Florida and Texas was in there, she said not available in Alabama.

·
NRA Lifetime Member
496 Posts
We have been with Verizon since 2005 no regrets. They are probably the best service you are going to get for the money. I also travel the world and they work in most places I have been.

One thing I don't do is buy a phone from them. I am a tech geek and get new stuff alot. I use swappa.com to buy and sell used like new phones.

They are an offshoot from xda developers a forum I have been on for ever we hack root and all that in there.

FYI I hate apple... Just not into them!!!

·
Super Moderator
28,376 Posts
We have been with Verizon since 2005 no regrets. They are probably the best service you are going to get for the money. I also travel the world and they work in most places I have been.

One thing I don't do is buy a phone from them. I am a tech geek and get new stuff alot. I use swappa.com to buy and sell used like new phones.

They are an offshoot from xda developers a forum I have been on for ever we hack root and all that in there.

FYI I hate apple... Just not into them!!!

I've been with Verizon since I can remember (can't remember who they were before but was with them too). Work phones have been Nextel/Altel/ATT and they have all sucked for coverage. Verizon sucks in many areas but not as bad as the others...

All the kids have tried to get me to swap to the I phone but they SUCK!!! I'll stick with ANDROID!:thumbsup:

Reactions: jack2

·
Registered
8,888 Posts
Same here, work phone is iPhone but I like Android/Google phone.

Been with Verizon since they were altell.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I have 5 phones with Verizon, all phones paid up and was thinking of shopping around. Like the service but not thrilled with price.

I got fed up with Verizon pricing and terrible customer service about 2 years ago. Now I get worse phone service and terrible customer service for a $60 a month savings with att. We need a good cell company around here.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts