Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Figured it is time to pass along for someone to use it for what it was built for. 馃槈 I bought this from PFF years ago and converted into a mean lean hunting machine! No more dragging a UTV/ATV to woods, just jump in and drive your UTV to your stand! I routinely drive it from Cantonment to downtown Pensacola, so it鈥檚 capable of an easy 30 minute drive from your camp to the deer woods. It鈥檚 a 1992 Suzuki sidekick, have no idea on miles, odmometer isn鈥檛 exactly working. Since I鈥檝e had it, i camo wrapped it, installed custom front all steel bumper with tow tabs welded to it - I鈥檒l even include the tow bar - added 9k lb winch, new mud tires, new door panels, new window cranks, new soft top (prolly could use another one), seat covers (prolly gonna need another set of those soon too), new radiator, new exhaust, and new battery. Engine is a 1.9L 4 cylinder that sips gas. 4x4 works, low and high, manual front hubs so she鈥檒l crawl through anything!! 5 speed manual transmission. Has heat, no AC, but air blows. Back seats fold down and up for large storage. Back seats are plenty big enough for kids to travel in, I鈥檇 haul kids around in the summer with top off. Does need a little TLC, but still a still a helluva little buggy for the camp or of you hunt local back and forth. I can鈥檛 recally find any online for price comparison, so I鈥檓 thinking $3,700 or so. Make me an offer if interested. Have title.

Attachments

Registered
Nice!
I like the wrap on that. Can you give me an idea on how much the wrap was? I would like to do that to mine. (I have a 92 geo).
I will get the word out to friends, some are looking for a truck like that.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Bought the wrap material by the roll from ebay I think...it's a 3M product and has held up remarkably well considering it's been mostly kept outside. Only watched one YouTube video before giving it a shot. Started with a small section of the truck first, the tailgate I think, then moved on to the rest of it. Very very easy to do! One set of hands is all you need, did the entire truck by myself in a day. Nice warm day helps, lay the material out in the sun for an hour or first, makes it easier to work with. The peel and stick and is a piece of cake....the trimming out is the time consuming part. I think the material costs around $400 total for the entire truck. It comes in 3' widths, sold by the yard. I think it ended it up with 3-4 yards at around $100/yard. It's been a while though.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Update: installed new plugs and plug wires over the weekend. Drove it all around cantonment and even filled the tank up. ;-) Runs like champ! BTW, I have only used non-ethanol gas. A new soft top wouldn't hurt, Amazon has them for $150.00, so knock that off the price and make me an offer. ;-) Toughest hunting camp vehicle you'll find for the money! You can buy like 4 or 5 of these for what one Ranger cost! lol.

Registered
Will, I sure hope you sell it before I can get up there to take a look in a week or 2, or it will be going with me! Fine deal there

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Jason, come on! 馃槈. Spooney, I鈥檓 in Cantonment off kingsfield Rd, just west of the back entrance to Tate High School. In fact she鈥檚 parked out on Kingsfield today if you鈥檙e out and about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts