Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,091 Posts
What, did your daughter stop making you free sushi and is now charging you? Looking elsewhere for a free fix?

She is a heckuva CHEF!!! I can understand why you are an addict.

Jim

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
+1

i could have it every nite...never tried to roll my own...wait!...nevermind...

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, but I for sure would love to learn.

I enjoy spanish, snapper and cobia sashimi when Im lucky enough to catch some (the cobia that is and it is the BEST sashimi one could ever have).

I got some yellowfin that begs to differ....

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,091 Posts
Badazzchef did a lightly seared Bluefin Tuna at Live Bait a couple years ago that my non-fish eating now 85 year old father STILL talks about.

Not QUITE Sashimi, but danged good

GREAT stuff...

·
Registered
261 Posts
I rolled some today for me and a buddy of mine. They were tuna, cream-cheese, avocado, cucumber, and a little bit of toasted sesame seeds. I had no complants. It is SOOO much cheaper to make your own. I also found that you can buy edamame in the frozen section at Joe Patties for like $1.99. The bag is like 3 times bigger than what you normally get as a appetizer for $6 at the store. Throw them in boiling water for like 3-4 min, drain and pour some sea salt on. If anyone has any other sushi combos I would love to try some new ones out. I had a deep fried one in Arizona at a nice sushi place that was really good. The whole roll was battered in tempura batter and deep fried reel quick and kept the fish still mostly raw.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's gotten where we have been rolling sushi about every Saturday night here. Was kicking around the idea of doing it again Saturday. Would like to see what/how some others do theirs..

·
Super Moderator
19,476 Posts
We might ride over. Gotta play it by ear, I might have to head to Alabama for the storm deal, but if not I don't have to leave for Texas till Sunday.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like at least one more roller and me gonna roll sushi. PCfisher66, Ya'll are welcome over. Show me some skills.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts