Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wrote a fishing/waypoint management program for a very large database many years ago (over 7000 waypoints/reefs). It's a GUI interface to a mountain of data. Working with a couple of tech/business types to productize it. Just curious if anyone on here might have some feedback about the commercial viability. I used several packages before I wrote mine that were inadequate. Here are the basic functions. Been using it for about 10 years and for me it's da bomb.

Thanks for any input/suggestions. Brief overview

Features:

- Graphical user interface (GUI) to view waypoints relative to local topography and location.

- Compatible with industry standard database tool using MS Excel ™ .csv formatting.

- Locate waypoints along a specified course, circular area, rectangular area, banded arc and random area.

- Compute distance and bearing between waypoints via latitude and longitude.

- Compute anchor drop location given set, drift, depth, desired location, anchor line length

- Export selected waypoints to RayChart ™ database.

- Manage multiple databases and view search results.

- Standard waypoint information:
Description
Latitude/Longitude and/or TD's
Waypoint distance and bearing
Fish type, date, rating
Depth

·
Registered
335 Posts
You might consider adding a gps to loran conversion or vice versa.There are many people who still have loran numbers mostly natural bottom who may opt to buy your program if the can convert them over. You might also look to northstar to see how their conversion works with their units because they have been the closest for me I have used Adrien for many years and its close but not nearly as close as my northstar phantom loran.

Thanks

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmmmm.... thanks for the info... I bought some package a long time ago that did the basic conversion.... but it was so off it was basically useless.

I guess my "description" didn't do the SW justice.... Sigh... it's "the shit".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts