Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming down again and trying to improve my tackle. I bought 2 11 foot Penn Prevail Surf Rods and was wandering what size reel would be the best setup. I am looking at the Penn Battle 2 reels and was wandering best size or is there a better reel under $100. Trying to catch my first Pompano but main goal is enjoy the beach. Been down fishing for reds a few times with Sawyer and want to thank everyone for there hospitality. Thanks PFF!!!

·
I'd Love to Catch a
3,915 Posts
coming down again and trying to improve my tackle. I bought 2 11 foot penn prevail surf rods and was wandering what size reel would be the best setup. I am looking at the penn battle 2 reels and was wandering best size or is there a better reel under $100. Trying to catch my first pompano but main goal is enjoy the beach. Been down fishing for reds a few times with sawyer and want to thank everyone for there hospitality. Thanks pff!!!
I can't wait man!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I use 12' Penn Prevails. I've paired mine with Battle II 5000 and Penn Conflict 5000. So far (2nd season) the Battle II has held up just as good as the slightly more expensive Conflict reel. Either is an excellent pair for Pompano, redfish, drum, whiting, jacks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts