Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have 3 semi large capacity spinning reels that I have empty and ready for line to come to the beach. I have to buy line anyway, so figured I would see what you think aobut size and types. I am a longtime bass fisherman that really does not like braid becuase i can't break it when hung on a log or other things. I have 2 reels that hold about 275 - 300 yds of 20 pound, and one that will hold 400 at 20 pounds (regular mono) So should I rig all 3 differently, 15-20-30 pound line, seperate types of line? What do you like and recommend? I have not fished flourocarbons, but have heard horror stories with spinning reels. I want the longest cast of course, but also when flinging a 3 oz weight I don't linke to slice through my index finger with the line because I was not 1005 paying attention and it slips with braid, but will fish it.

I would like to put larger line on the bigger reel and see if I can get a shark/red/ something larger to hit. The other will be for my catfish catching with a few others thrown in between I hope! Also debating whether to bring a baitcasting bass rod for specks and others on the sound side of Johnson beach. I could use the bigger spinning rods, but they are not nearly as accurate as my other casting rods.

Any advice is appreciated, coming down in 3 weeks and ready!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts