Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im going camping with the family between late July early August. I’m gonna try some surf fishing, pier and fishing the bay. What should be I n season during that time of year? I’m assuming that I’ll get the most out of fishing the surf. Also want to do some night fishing off the beach(gulf side). Any thoughts or tips are greatly appreciated.

·
skeeterbay
230 Posts
Welcome! Bay side will be trout and redfish on the flats early am and late pm.

In the surf might be a redfish or two. ladyfish, whiting, bluefish, spanish mackerel.

Bring a kayak if you have one.

Run through Gulf breeze bait and tackle when you get down. They are normally good about walking tourists through, telling you what's biting, and getting you the right gear.

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Seatrout, Spanish mackerel, catfish, ladyfish, small sharks. When the ladyfish are running, they are fun to catch. Last year we caught one after another at the end of Ft. Pickens. I prefer to fish the beaches at night or very early morning. Try a variety of baits like shrimp and sand fleas. You can often find the sand fleas in the surf when the waves retreat. Have fun no matter what you catch because it is better than having to get up and go to work. :yes:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!! Should I change anything if I wanna do night fishing? Guessing I’m gonna catch the same thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts