Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be at the Holiday Inn Fort Walton Beach this weekend and all of next week and I know it will be busy due to spring break and fishing behind a resort does not sound fun to me. I spend much of my visits to the gulf surf fishing but typically stay at State Parks and have no issue finding a good place to fish but this time I need to find a couple decent places to surf fish.

Looking at satellite maps, I'm seeing several beach's/parks that are possibilities.

*John Beasley Park
*East Beasley Park
*Telescope Beach
*Eglin Beack Park
*Several pull offs that appear to have parking

Any suggestions or comments on the listed places above or any other recommendations on where to surf fish would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
John Beasley and East JB is always too busy IMO. Too close to the pier as well.

I don't think Eglin beach park is open to the public.

I would cross the pass into Destin and fish Henderson. If you're dead set on the island I would go to one of the access' between telescope and Eglin beach.

I always prefer to be East of the pass and pier, get to them before they see 100 other rigs and boats.

A lot of great action at the flats be the coast guard station. But you need a pass from Eglin to access that beach now. It's free just watch a video

Also, heck of a name you chose

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John Beasley and East JB is always too busy IMO. Too close to the pier as well.

I don't think Eglin beach park is open to the public.

I would cross the pass into Destin and fish Henderson. If you're dead set on the island I would go to one of the access' between telescope and Eglin beach.

I always prefer to be East of the pass and pier, get to them before they see 100 other rigs and boats.

A lot of great action at the flats be the coast guard station. But you need a pass from Eglin to access that beach now. It's free just watch a video

Also, heck of a name you chose

How do I go about getting a pass for the coast guard station?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
You don't get a pass for the actual station, just the beach next to it

I think you go online to the Jackson gaurd website

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions. I did get the beach pass. Much less crowded. Didn't do all that great but still had a good time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts