Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonya, Connor and I made a trip over to Penscacola Beach yesterday afternoon and went to Flounders. Chris Phillips asked me to speak at the HLS Seminar about fishing for Pompano with Jigs. Chris spoke first and done a wonderful job overviewing and then detailing the best methods of fishing for pompano in the surf with live bait. I learned alot listening to him. After Chris was through it was my turn and I did my best to share something that I enjoy more than any other type of fishing in the panhandle sight fishing pompano with a jig. I truly love that type of fishing and get excited thinking about it. I don't know how good of a job I did conveying the best methods of actually doing it but I did get excited telling about it.

After I left the stage area I mingled with the most important people, the guest. I tried to keep track of the number of people that I met and lost count shortly after 30. I don't know how many people that I met that I have felt like I knew before last night but it is a very large number. It was cool to have people introduce themselves with thier screen name, as that is how would know them being that I have never actually met them face to face until last night. Tonya and Connor had just as much fun as I did. Connor can be verybashful and he talked about it all the way home.

I would list the people that I met last night, but I am absolutely positive that I would leave someone out, so if you are one of the Great People that I finally got the chance meet face to face, I want to say "Thank You" and it was honestly and trulymy pleasure.

Thank You, and I'm Sure Glad to Know You.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
You did an awesome job, and my son and I were glad to meet you in person. God bless to you and your family, we look forward to seeing the fireplug at Alabama football.

·
SaltWaterDave
1,864 Posts
You did a good job last night Curtis. I could tell that you are really into the pompano fishing by the examples you gave and the questions/scenerios you answered. It was a good time and very informative, thanks for speaking.

I didn't get a chance to meet you but we did stay for the duration. Maybe we'll see you on the beach sometime.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl18_lblFullMessage>Curtis, It was great to meet you. I'll be sure to drop you a pm every now and again.

I'll bet the beach is gonna be lined with jigg slingin, polarized glass wearin, T-shirt toten fisherfolks reel soon..........................c'mon 66 degrees...........................Thanks for taking the time to encourage us lasttonite. I learned alot........................Dennis

(copy and paste........a wonderful thing)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
52 Posts
i would just like too thank you and your family for coming out last night, it was an honor to meet you and conner!!! you did an awsome job last night and it's always a pleasure to listen to someone whogets so excited about the one thing almost everyone in this town loves to do ....FISH!!! AND THIS MESSAGE IS FOR CONNER....KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MY FRIEND!!! YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB...TIGHT LINES MY FRIEND!!

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
yep, it was good seeing you, tonya, conner and all the other familiar faces...we enjoyed it curtis and chris...very informative from both of ya'll...cold though...thanks for the tips from a heckuva fisherman...

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
You did a great job and Anthony and I enjoyed meeting you! I bought 5 of Connor's jigs and can't wait to try them out with the tips you gave out last night! Also thanks for your tips on finding Redfish and Trout in the Destin area, much appreciated!

·
Fishing Goddess
1,072 Posts
<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl19_lblFullMessage>Thanks to all that put this together. I have my jigs...(Connor's of course)...got my polarized glasses...my lucky tee shirt...all I need to do is find that sand flea rake in the garage and dust off the cart and I'll be ready to try out some of the tips from last night and plan a Pompano dinner real soon. Thank you Curtis...I always pay attention when you are giving up your secrets. :bowdown

1 - 10 of 10 Posts