Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to say a few things about the upcoming times with whats going on in the gulf of mexico. This will not only affect us in the fishing and boating business but everyone along the gulf coast. If everyone could find it in themselves to do business with the locally owned stores for your everyday and passtime needs, it will be greatly appreciated. I'm not trying to put any businesses down by any means but some of the other "box" stores have many other ways to make a livingex. shoes,diapers,paper products among many other things. This is not and will not go away for a very long time and supporting each other in any little way we can would be gratefull. The forum members have always been supportive of fellow members in times of peril and this is no exception. Your local businesses that depend on fishing and tourism will take a big hit and it is by no fault of their own. There will be numerous law suits but that will take a long time, but mortgages and payroll will be due now. Thanks for listening and good luck to all.

Thank You,

Anthony/Outcast Fishing and Hunting

·
Registered
324 Posts
Good post. Unless the water is too stinky to wade fish, I will keep fishing. I will probably throw back anything that I catch, however, because the fish need all the help they can get too.

Best of luck to all in the fishing business. We will do our best to help you.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Anthony, you make a very valid point. Guys and gals if you want to have tackle shops and charter boats in this area,,,,,,,,,,now is the time to pull together and keep them going. I can't read the future but to me it does not look good. If there is anyway we can help each other now is the time. If you can do business with local shops and people now is the time to do it. We as a community need to pull together and survive. Lets do what we can and try to make it through this long and hard time. Anthony, Tommy if there is anything i can do to help let me know. Ya'll have always been top notch and first class friends to me! I really do hope things will work out, but gosh,, we have alot in front of us. I really hope we can survive this. Good luck all, Capt. Scott Byrd.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Anthony I'm there with you guys bro. You know I will be there to support you and all of the other local business entities as well...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Yep, you got lots of local supporters....I just need a chance to put a dent in the 2 cases of ballyhoo that I purchased from you a few weeks ago....we be ready to fish and replenish. Good Luck to all!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
No matter what, I will still buy all my tackle at Outcast. I've only been shopping there since December but the staff has always helped me and been very informative on my purchases and advice on where to fish. We all in the fishing industry should definitly do our part to help out the locals first. Best of luck to all small business owners and if we stick together we can pull through this, maybe, just maybe, this won't be as bad as we all think it will, maybe we will "luck out".

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Very good post Anthony,,, this is going to be a long hard time on everyone on the gulf coast, especially local small business, and especially small business in the marine industry,,

Im sure everyone will do their part as best they can,, god speed

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Yep, I've already had a customer put the brakes on a major job so he could make an assessment on how the spill would affect his boat usage this season.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
<p class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Got my support.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </p>

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
The other day I decided I wanted to get a new rod and reel combo. I had 250 dollars worth of gift cards left over from Christmas- Academy and Bass Pro Shops. I went to Bass Pro and bought some clothes with my gift cards. I looked at the rods and reels, then left and went to Outcast today. I was greeted by name by people I respect that work there, even though I don't patronize them as much as I used to due to moving to Perdido. I had already called there and talked to Anthony (lead guy at the shop as far as I know). He gave me free advice on what kind of rod/reel combo he would buy- I wanted quality and value without over paying. When I called I learned Anthony was off duty but was in fact present at the store- he took my call immediately. Today Anthony came down from the office and took his time explaining to me the different virtues of rods and reels, rod actions, etc. He retrieved inventory from upstairs to allow me to weigh the virtues of different rod lengths, actions, and brands. He spooled my reel personally. I left there with an American Rodsmiths spinning rod and Shimano reel. I was going to buy a more expensive reel than what I needed and Anthony set me straight. In addition, when I was in a bind for a gift for my girlfriend's birthday I called up Outcast and they ordered me a pair of Costas that were discontinued and unavailable on the open market, but Outcast had them for me the next day. Any guy knows how hard it is to figure out what your girl wants for her birthday, and then be able to get it. After I gave my girl her present she confided in me that she told her mom she hoped I would get her some Costas. Thank goodness for Outcast. You get personal service for anything- guns, fishing,hunting, etc. Anthony and Tommy will take care of you. World class service and prices that compete with the big chains. The difference is if you buy from Outcast you know the sales person actually catches a few fish and uses the stuff they sell.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Sounds like you had a great experience with Outcast, that's what keeps an operation in business. Good customer service and the personal touch. When I first moved to P'Cola in 1996 I bought my first rods and reels at Outcastand I've always been happy with their service. Thank you Outcast.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Anthony, Great Post and I agree If You Live on the Gulf Coast PLEASE Support your Local, Restaurants,Hotels and Any small Business , Just My 2C Thanks Dwayne

·
Registered
29 Posts
Guys,

I check the reports and this board everyday. I only make it down to the area a week every year. I'm not changing a thing.

If things aren't bad, great.

If the worst happens, we'll deal with it.

Prayers going out for everyone who depends on the coast and the ocean to make a living. There are millions of us who spend 51 weeks out of the year waiting for the one week everyone down there makes possible.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts