Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TONIGHTS SUPPER CAME IN LOU OF ALL PFF MEMBERS.

I got some shrimp from the PFF member that was selling shrimp a while back. FLO BRO I think, not for sure and to been drinkingto many to look it up so sorry if I'm wrong.

Went down to ULTRALITE'S dock last night to catch some specks but was unable to catch crap.

Badazzchef and ULTRALITE showed me how to do it but I was unable to pull through so Badazzchef gave me a sailcat. Hope he doesn't get cruiseified (sp?) for doing that but hey, we are buds.

Anyways here is the end result and a pix of Mike aka ULTRALITE with a lookdown.

Mike and one of his catches. I haven't figured out how to use the flash yet!!!

HERE IS THE END RESULT OF THE NIGHT WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM CHRIS. SAIL CATFISH AND SHRIMP.

By the way. SAIL CATFISH taste like farm raised catfish for you folks that know what REAL catfisjush taste like. It's good eating but justnot like real catfish. I got to try asaltwater hardhead again.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I know chris lives in gulfshores and i have heard about ultralights dock but where exactly is it if i may ask? I found me a nice lil dock the other night on the west tip of ono but it did not produce. Any way I have boat and will travel if anyone is interested in the orange beach/gs or mobile bay area. Heck i may even head to pcola if enticed enough. I just need some one to help show me the ropes a lil more.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
was in Orange Beach/Gulf Shores this weekend, lots of sheepshead by the bridge going out to the gulf. As I would drive by they would swim under the boat..I don't have a Bama fishing lics. this year so I didn't even try.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Clay-Doh (10/6/2009)Looks tasty Murph! Don't eat the saltwater cats though...taste like radiator fluid! Even I threw emout after frying some...and I'm the dumb yanke that sears jack crevalle and thinks it's good...trust me!

Now if that's not a warning....I don't know what is. :sick

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
need2fish (10/6/2009)
Clay-Doh (10/6/2009)Looks tasty Murph! Don't eat the saltwater cats though...taste like radiator fluid! Even I threw emout after frying some...and I'm the dumb yanke that sears jack crevalle and thinks it's good...trust me!
Now if that's not a warning....I don't know what is. :sick
It was a SAILTOP catfish. Tasted just like farm raised catfish, with less catfish taste. It was good eats just don't expect it to taste like catfish if you are a catfish lover. Maybe SWAI is a better way to describe it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts