Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scott Brown got a BGE for christmas so Pam asked Me and Matt (Kenton) to build a table for it, so we went to lowes and got the wood around lunch and got started, by 6:00 we had it damn nearfinished(could of been sooner if we werent drinking the entire time.:letsdrink) It turned out solid, stable, and strong as hell. All we have to do is treat the wood and add some casters and a few other finishing touches. Just thoughtI would share some pictures of how it turned out, We made it from scratch with our own plans. It was fun, we are thinking of making a few of these a month if there is anybody wanting one. Just let us know.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
dang you guys got too many tools!

nice lookin table/egg mount!

does this mean more egg food at wednesday night meet up?:hungry

looks sweeet:letsdrink

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ironman172 (12/27/2009)I thought the Big Green Eggs were round????:poke
Damn :banghead:banghead:banghead I knew there was gonna be a flaw somewhere in our design. We didnt actually have the egg there so we just made a hole that we knew it would fit in, it will make installation of the heavy ass egg easier though I think. Thanks for the close observation Bill:poke:poke

4,058 Posts
diesel84 (12/27/2009)
Damn :banghead:banghead:banghead I knew there was gonna be a flaw somewhere in our design. We didnt actually have the egg there so we just made a hole that we knew it would fit in, it will make installation of the heavy ass egg easier though I think. Thanks for the close observation Bill:poke:poke
Do I sense sarcasm? :)

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
Next time do the same 2 X 4 perimeter where you have the square hole, but let the 2 X 4's run long. Then draw the correct size circle and cut with a jig saw.

That will give you a much cleaner look. :toast

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gatord96 (12/27/2009)could you make one for the Primo XL ???
I dont know thats a friggin oval, I cant even cut a circle.:banghead

BUT on a serious note yes I could make a table for the Primo Xl, no problem.

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
I don't know thats a friggin oval, I cant even cut a circle.

Turn the Egg upside down on the table and trace around it for a pattern.

Or Go by some ons house that has a BGE and take poster paper with you and make a pattern.

That table is stout enough to mount a vise & Anvil on and then beat all day on them.

I know......That is how I built my work bench many,,,many years ago. It takes 2 floor jacks to move that bench.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
X-Shark (12/27/2009)
I don't know thats a friggin oval, I cant even cut a circle.

Turn the Egg upside down on the table and trace around it for a pattern.

Or Go by some ons house that has a BGE and take poster paper with you and make a pattern.

That table is stout enough to mount a vise & Anvil on and then beat all day on them.

I know......That is how I built my work bench many,,,many years ago. It takes 2 floor jacks to move that bench.
We will do that for our next table, I wish we had the egg there when we built this one so we could have done that.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
diesel84 (12/27/2009)
No flaw Ryan.... I was just messing with you!! looks good:clap....I know Scott appreciates it(as I would too)and will put it to good use!!:grouphug

·
Registered
148 Posts
X-Shark--those things weigh over a hundred pounds! Plus, the base of the egg is narrower than the mid portion of the egg which needs the hole. I just built a table for mine about 2 months ago--the circle for a large egg was 18 inch diameter(with the lower level 14 inches below the top level of thetable).

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Man, that thing looks good! Nice job!! I am looking forward to an Egg report soon!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts