Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live on the North end of Escambia Bay and I have never, other than during a hurricane, seen the water so low and for such an extended period of time! This is CRAZY! I was messing around on my Navionics Mobile App and it's interesting to see how the winds and tides are affecting our waterways. I'll be watching the tides and winds very closely over the next few days so I can get my sons sailboat off of the bottom of Escambia Bay and into the deeper water. It looks like, according to the sonar charts on Navionics that I'll have to move it about 100 feet ... problem is the tides aren't high enough until it's dark. Anyone else having issues like this?

Attachments

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
Normal winter tides with a hard North wind. Find a muddy sandy area and find some clams. Plenty there if you can find a spot that holds them.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
In general, in this region, the high tides are prevalent during the daytime hours in the Spring and Summer. Just the opposite during the Fall and Winter. And with this week long, practically steady north wind has been pushing much the area river water into the Gulf of Mexico. I live on the BW River and 3 of the 5 pilings on the water side of my dock have been out of the water recently.

·
Master of Disaster
3,043 Posts
This is kinda normal for our winter season- and right now we are experiencing a "Wolf Moon"- a Perigean - Spring Tide. That coupled with our prevailing northerly winds, have us experiencing some real low water levels, especially in the bays.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I noticed that on Wednesday morning at Bayou Grande too. I took a vacation to Panama (Central America) over the holidays and realized how extreme the tides are there at the Pacific, but I think they have been experiencing some of this too. I’m talking lots of boats in the mud at low tide in what appeared to be a fairly deep harbor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts