Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing a couple guys on the beach with these I thought I had to give them a shot. Sniperpeeps came over and we just threw it together in no time. It was a bit more expensive then I had hoped for but it looks like its going to work out real nice.

Attachments

·
Registered
716 Posts
Very nice. Just finished one up got my AI and in order to be able to fit my cooler on the back and be able to open it I had to do away with the idea of having multiple rod holders.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So where are you going to put the beer now ?? :rolleyes:

Lotsa rods though. :yes:
My other cooler still fits, just my massive one wont.

As much as I love beer, I can honestly say Ive never drank a beer on my kayak. Shaky kayak, lots of money in equipment, usually fish alone, etc etc are all good enough reasons for me not to drink and KAYAK fish. Any other way, Im good to go. :whistling:

·
Registered
3,620 Posts

As much as I love beer, I can honestly say Ive never drank a beer on my kayak. Shaky kayak, lots of money in equipment, usually fish alone, etc etc are all good enough reasons for me not to drink and KAYAK fish. Any other way, Im good to go. :whistling:

Yep. I was anchored drinking beer at my buddy's. When I went to pull the anchor I almost rolled out my outback.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Looks great, is it pretty sturdy? Wonder how much it will flex when sumth'n big pulls on the rod in the holder...

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks great, is it pretty sturdy? Wonder how much it will flex when sumth'n big pulls on the rod in the holder...
I never troll with more then three to five pounds of drag, i tested it and it doesnt budge when pulling out drag typical of what I troll with.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Not drink beer in the kayak... What kind of nonsense is that? You just need to practice more. Jeez, that's almost as bad as no peanuts and beer at baseball.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
JD7.62 said:

Sweet man looks good!
I'm with you on drinking and kayak fishing. Especially offshore, way too far out to do something stupid. When I am done that's another story. I take fishing too serious to do it with a buzz but a bad hangover is almost worse...

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sweet man looks good!
I'm with you on drinking and kayak fishing. Especially offshore, way too far out to do something stupid. When I am done that's another story. I take fishing too serious to do it with a buzz but a bad hangover is almost worse...
Me too, when Im fishing I feel nothing and need nothing other then a fish on the line. I bring water and an energy bar and have put in well over ten hours a time a couple of times and no worse for the wear.

Unfortunately my heart burn has gotten so bad that its rare for me to enjoy one too many. :(

·
Registered
79 Posts
I never troll with more then three to five pounds of drag, i tested it and it doesnt budge when pulling out drag typical of what I troll with.
Cool thanks. I like it, may consider building one too. I also troll with little drag. Post up after wet testing.

·
Banned
732 Posts
For any of you guys interested I can weld up custom rod holder's for you, and since they are custom I can adapt it to work with any set up you need, I can usually 9 times out of 10 best the price of any product you can buy on the shelf

1 - 20 of 24 Posts