Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a previous thread, I said I would report something so here goes. Finally got some time to report on Sunday nearshore adventure. Adam, his two sons, (Austin and Tyler), Chris, and me left shoreline about sunup with a smooth ride until we came to the pass and all hell broke lose. 4-5’s in the pass and just about all the way out to the spots to fish. Bait at the mass was scarce so Adam took us to another bait spot a few miles out. Kept loading up with sigs, pigs, squirrel, for live bait. Our target was, well what’s in season? As we poked around for bait, the sigs kept getting hit by something big (cobia) on the way up. Adam drops a live sig down with a bottom rod and he found one, which Austin reeled in. Chris managed a good size but, well, it didn’t make the fish box. I guess a couple more shorts hit the sigs and Adam said let’s move. Another spot hit and miss. Around late morning, we were out of site of the condos and the big fish started coming in. Mangrove, lane, mingo, almaco went in the box with the 35 in. cobe. Seas were hard on us with a strong wind but we managed a few fish. Most of the scamp I caught came up short but at my age, everything is short, so no worries. Everybody contributed to the box during the day. We headed in around 3 pm on fairly laid-down seas. A really good day with good friends, a few fish, and cold beer. Anything better?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Looks like the kids had a blast, that's what its all about! Couple nice Mangroves there, good looking box.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts