Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the bouy and loaded up on live cigs, pin fish, and a few hardtails. Got the bait now we headed SW right into the seas to the yellow gravel. It was a little bumpy but finally decided to hammer it and get on top of the waves and it didn't take long at all to get there.
Caught a keeper Aj and a couple of throwbacks. Had to throw back a nice snapper.
The sharks were horrible, I caught two sharks on one deep drop rig.
Hauled in a few mingos and caught 2 kings on the bottom in 220'. It seemed that we were catching everything except what we were targeting. we kept trying to sell live baits and bonita strips to grouper, but no luck.
Headed west to fish the edge. not much happening there either. We maked some nice stuff on the bottom, but no real takers to speak of.

Final Tally: 3 AJs(1 keeper), 1 Red Snapper, about 5 Mingos, 2 kings, and about 6 sharks( one about 7' long.
Brad
246 SF World Cat powered by Honda

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,547 Posts
grouper all in all have been pretty tough to come by this year.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you are right about the grouper being hard to come by, I bet it just gets worse with the new snapper laws.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,547 Posts
thats highly possible. You aren't going to spend as much on fuel as you are now and come back in empty handed.

·
Registered
62 Posts
grouper have definately been hard to find, but it should notget worse with going down to 1 red and 1 gag per person, they almost have to do it, even though we dont like it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
we caught most all of our fish on Squid at the yellow gravel on Sat. We had 12 scamp, 1 red grouper the rest were white snapper, beeliners, triggers and Red Snaps.. see my report below for more details. We had a lot of live bait but the fish liked the squid..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts