Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a group of 6 yesterday for a 12 hour bottom fishing trip. The bite was real good in the morning as the crew put some nice fish in the boat but got their butts kicked by some real monsters. Seas were about 2-3 all day and a little sloppy but not bad. The bite slowed down a good bit in the middle of the day but picked up again late. Towards the end of the day, one of the guys had a seizure and scared me to death.It lasted about a full minute and then he went limp. We checked his pulse, cleard hisairway,and did our best to take care of him and fortunatelyhe finally came to. It was an eyeopening experience and suddenly fishing didn't seem real important. This was the first time I had ever witnessed someone having a seizure and I hope it will be the last. Everyone decided it was probably time to head on inand we cut the day a little short. We ended the day with a nice box of fish and a worn out crew. Our tally was:

-14 scamp, 2 fat red grouper, 4 jacks, 4 gags and a handfull of mingos

Sorry there are no pics as it was dark when we got back to the dock. Some of the guys took pictures on disposable cameras on the boat and hopefully they will send me some copies. I would have really liked to have seen some of the big fish that were lost but hopefully that will keep those guys coming back for more.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts