Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed out at 4:30am out of Orange Beach. Plan was to hit the edge and thentroll nipple/131, but the waves were not as forcasted. We hit 5 footers about 10 miles out and decided to do some bottom fishing. Headed to the Dutch banks, no bites. Made our way over to the Allen Reef. First few drops was fish on immediately with live pin fish. We caught 3 nice Red Snapper and several Mangroves(one about 5-6lbs), Caught a couple keeper AJ's, and a really nice king. The King took off so fast that by the time I got the rod out of the rod holder I could see the spool. I cranked the drag down and he tipped the scale at 31lbs.

We were back at the dock by 9:30am. I headed to the Outdoor festival/ weigh-in for the RFRA Grand Slam. I did not realize that the King catagory was a 2 fish aggregate-DUH! So with my one fish holding the King divisions second place we headed back out. We left the pass at 2:30pm and headed back to the spot where we picked up the first king. Waves had grown considerably since the morning. By the time I set anchor and got the chum churn out we were in 8' seas. I am not one to exaggerate the wave hieght either. It was rough out there. Set the fly lines and started working the water column with bottom tackle. Lost a couple of kings and caught some more snapper. Packed it in and headed back to the weigh-in with no more fish to weigh.

It was a great time and I had a great opportunity to show my art work at the outdoor fest/weigh-in. If anyone saw my art and is interested then I will give a 25% discount to any PFF members.

I also brought the 240CC Everglades with th Yamamha 350 and the 22cc Scout with the Suzuki 300. If anyone is interested in these boats or has any questions about them. Please let me know.

Brad

246SF World Cat powered by Honda

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Nice report !!!!!!!!!!!! Thats why i stayed in :sick:hotsun:hotsun:sick

Scott

·
Registered
310 Posts
Good job.. we were out there on Sun too and i concur with your wave report! We hit 6-8 footers about 9am enroute to the nipple.. we turned back into em and slugged it out at 14 knots back to destin! Marine weather forcaster is the job i want! My satellite weather report as of 10am update was still calling for 1-3... Glad yall caught some fish..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts