Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the pass at OB at 3:30 AM trying to get out there before the sun came up. Seas were great 1-2's, it was cool with a lightbreeze. Stopped at the allen reef in hope of catching a few live baits. No luck there, so without wasting to much time we continued south, with no live bait. Got to the marathon and the first drop of the diamond jig produced a keeper AJ. And that was it. We moved around a little bit and finally found them. Once wedid the bite was good. Headed home around noon. The seas reallylaid down and the ride in was great.I have to thank Chris(tunnapopper) for the rod recommendation Star Paraflex jigging rod, It was awesome.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,550 Posts
Good haul and a hoot to catch and eat.

·
Squid technician
10,506 Posts
Glad you liked it Kevin. We didn't get to the Marathon until later in the afternoon and assumed many others had fished it already but we just needed bait more than anything. I'll post my report in a minute.

·
Super Moderator
29,543 Posts
It was cool ride...temp must've been totally different off the water in the early AM cause when I woke up to get the boat ready at 6, mine had ice all over it.....OHHHHHH WEEEEEEE glad ya'll got some of them AJ's ---great haul!!!!:letsdrink

·
Registered
332 Posts
Nice lloking jacks, can't beat jigging for a good workout.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts