Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished a few wrecks between 8-12 miles off shore on sunday, pretty hot out there but the fishing was worth it. Nothing too special to report, short AJ's all over but they had their mind set on live bait over metal jigs which ran out quickly, and sure enough the ruby red lips weren't hungry so they ran out quick. Nabbed a few of those, a bunch of red snapper and a spadefish. I got a chum slick going and had fun slipping a hook into a chunk and drifting that down there and soon enough there were some 4-5' shadows lurking about under the boat. I threw everything but the tackle box at them, cobia jigs, dead cigs, squid, but nothing would entice them. I can't say for sure but they were probably cobia, so hey there's at least a few still around! I can't wait for June, it'll be tough not to limit out on those snapper! Hopefully those cobia will still be around too. There were a ton of spadefish milling around and something was busting bait at the sirface, but never quite got in casting range. Might have been blues or amberjacks because there was definitely flashes of silver out there, and I even saw a couple of kings but didn't hook into one.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts