Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

SUMMIT HOT DOT SIGHT

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  lobsterman 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a Summit Hot Dot bow sight from a local vendor. Upon the purchase of the sight I thoughtI had ended my search for the perfect sight. It has pendulum and fix pin capabilities and is a awesome concept of combining both worlds of fix/pendulum options. While on a deer hunting trip to South Florida last week,I discovered this 150.00 plus sight was a HUGE let down. The clear plastic strip in the middle fogs up in humidity changes. Whether its hazy fog conditions or just getting out of the truck in the morning going to your stand. IT FOGS UP> Also one day it rained and the sight of course got wet, it shorted out the little computer in the bottom of the sight making it where you had no sights at all. Overall rating from 1-10, I give it a 2. just thoughtI would share, to help others not make the same mistake I made.:boo

http://www.summitstands.com/catalog.aspx?catid=hotdotstandard

See less See more
#2 ·
I read a report similar to yours on a diffrent site. Sorry to hear that this all happened. No one had any suggestions on how to fix. Maybe you can contact the company and explain the problem, maybe they will send you a new one and you can take it back to the store in an unopened box.

#3 ·
I thought about writing a letter to the" Lab Coat Guy" that you see on T.V and let him know that his equipment(over priced) did not live up to its claims of being the best sight ever.

Some folks want to know where I bought the sight and in all fairness to the local vendor, I will not give that out. I know how this forum works and it will be a bash session on a good friend, all started by me,,,I dont think so. Just know that the seller was unaware of these problems and was very, very shocked just like I was. He made it right, and I put my old savage back on my bow.:letsdrink

#5 ·
Not to nitpick but since the business took care of you and made the sitation right then I would think it would help them to let us know who it was. If i hear about a business taking care of a customer when there's a problem then I will be much more inclined to give them my business than one I know nothing about.

Sorry just a thought. Glad you were taken care of.:letsdrink

#8 ·
Geronimo (10/6/2007)Sorry to hear about that.

Summit has an excellent customer service dept. I'm sure they would like to know about your problem.
this is exactly correct! summit has an excellent cust. service dept. wish i wouldve known you bought that sight before you bought it..... i seen the sight before it ever hit the market in atlanta.... and it was not a show stopper by no means.... some people even thought about putting it in the worst accessory ever catergory, sorry for your luck with the sight

#9 ·
sorry to hear about your problem. Just remember the kiss principle. KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID. It always works for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.