Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Love my summits. Very quiet, light and safe. Great grip on pines, never used it on anything else. Cant go wrong with a summit

·
Registered
732 Posts
I'm considering buying a new climber this year. Is this the one for a big guy. (6'3, 270 lbs) wanting comfort? I'm looking for plenty of room, light weight, comfort and good tree gripping. I have an older API Grand Slam but thinking I want to try a new Summit.

Thanks

https://www.summitstands.com/summit-goliath-sd-climbing-treestand-mossy-oakr-camo
Skip the Summit Goliath and get a Cougar Claw Bubba. A lot more quiet, about an 1" larger on both the top and bottom, you have an integrated foot rest, they are made right here locally (I think Foley), they have a leveling system you can use while in the tree, the spikes are sharper so you really dig into the tree, and the seats are also comfortable. I have sat in mine from sun up to sun down.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,643 Posts
Skip the Summit Goliath and get a Cougar Claw Bubba. A lot more quiet, about an 1" larger on both the top and bottom, you have an integrated foot rest, they are made right here locally (I think Foley), they have a leveling system you can use while in the tree, the spikes are sharper so you really dig into the tree, and the seats are also comfortable. I have sat in mine from sun up to sun down.
Love my cougar claw

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,781 Posts
I've owned multiple summit and cougar claw. They both climb great. But packing up a CC is a pain.

I vote summit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
463 Posts
I own 3 Summit climbers and 1 Tree Walker. Summits are more comfortable and just as quite as the tree walker. Tree walker packs easier and faster and you can face the tree or face away.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
I had a Goliath as well, 6’ 4 270, loved it, plenty of room and easy up and down.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Love my summits. Very quiet, light and safe. Great grip on pines, never used it on anything else. Cant go wrong with a summit

I can confirm they are also great on a sweet gum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can get the 180 Max SD on Amazon (free shipping) for $328.00. Is that about as cheap as I can find it?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Ebay 389.00 ....I tried the 180,but just didn't like how my feet had to rest....I have Vipers with footrest..and sleep safely in my stand,lol...

·
Registered
919 Posts
Amazon had the Goliath and the titans for I think $175 right at the end of the season this year. I didn’t get one then but if they do that sale again this year I will.

·
Registered
9,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Going to have the big API Grandslam (chain) with a torn seat for sale soon. Need to get it out and see how bad the seat is torn.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
28,510 Posts
I have a Goliath, climbed and sat a many a day in it, when I was 380lbs......

Dats the one you got from me wasn't it Jason...? Allen, you should see me sitting in a Goliath!!! Look like a little kid trying to wear his dads clothes!!! hahaha I sold it (I think to Jason) and stuck with the Viper...:thumbsup: You need to try the Goliath:thumbup:

·
Registered
10,754 Posts
Dats the one you got from me wasn't it Jason...? Allen, you should see me sitting in a Goliath!!! Look like a little kid trying to wear his dads clothes!!! hahaha I sold it (I think to Jason) and stuck with the Viper... You need to try the Goliath
Yes Sir

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts