Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Getting a couple of small spots ready to plant some Iron Clay Peas.
Small plots with peas or beans never worked for me. I'd work my butt off and as soon as two leaves popped out, they were gone overnight. If deer densities are not too high you might get a week or two out of them but large fields are the way to fly if at all possible with beans and peas.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Stuff is expensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
anything with Triclopyr is a substitute. I use a lot of Crossbow (Triclopyr plus 2,4-D). Also use generic Garlon “Triclopyr 4” with roundup at times, and with imazapyr when I want bare ground death for a couple months or more with sweetgum or youpon.

Add ammonium sulfate to your roundup spray for enhanced kill at a 2% or 2.5% mix.

·
Registered
496 Posts
MaxP,

what ya got for options for:

1. Ammonium Sulfate liquid
2. basic liquid fertilizer for use with preemergents
3. Bifenthrin or similar, liquid, for pasture or lawn
4. Dicamba (pretty please) for pasture
5. Liberty for burn down

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
MaxP,

5. Liberty for burn down
PM sent

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
MaxP,

5. Liberty for burn down
We should be able to get those products. Can you tell me how much of each product you want or the area you want to treat?

·
Registered
8,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Anyone know a good type of corn to plant this late? Planted clay peas and a small amount of sun hemp this week.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
It’s just called field corn?

If you go to the co-OP yes the will know what you are talking about. But it is actually Dent Corn. There are 6 types of corn. Dent is a type and used for feeding of animals. It's not sweet

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
After a few different times. Never fertilize when. You plant. Total waste of fertilizer. You will hit it when its shin high, then again about waist high. Side dress with 13-13-13 the first time. 2nd time with ammonite

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
455 Posts
Anyone know a good type of corn to plant this late? Planted clay peas and a small amount of sun hemp this week.

Have you ever tried sunflowers and/or brown top millet with the clea peas? Makes for a sporting dove shoot when you bush hog it down for fall planting and give the clay peas something to run up... soil is the question.

·
Registered
8,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Have you ever tried sunflowers and/or brown top millet with the clea peas? Makes for a sporting dove shoot when you bush hog it down for fall planting and give the clay peas something to run up... soil is the question.
Planted millet for dove before but not in a food plot. Planted sunflowers once for dove and army worms or something got them.

·
Registered
8,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
As soon as it ends...it’s time to start all over. I love it.
Yeah, kind of a waste but I was bored. If I get that planter figured out I may plant corn next year.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts