Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just starting out here having recently moved here. Looking for any suggestions for decent inshore Redfish spots? From land l, bridge, backwater, etc. Don't have a boat.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
I have seen some nice sized redfish off the fishing bridge at night. Early one morning I saw a guy catch the most beautiful redfish that I have seen at Ft. Pickens point. If you park at the end near the fishing pier and walk back toward gulf side, you should be able to do some decent fishing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have seen some nice sized redfish off the fishing bridge at night. Early one morning I saw a guy catch the most beautiful redfish that I have seen at Ft. Pickens point. If you park at the end near the fishing pier and walk back toward gulf side, you should be able to do some decent fishing.
Do you mean across the street from the pier where Glo Paddle is?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wade the intracoastal grass flats anywhere you can access them. A good spot is the Naval Live Oaks on 98 just east of Gulf Breeze.
Do you mean this area? From Interstate 10: Take Exit 12 onto I-110 exit 1B Gregory Street East, merge onto 30 E Chase Street, turn left onto Bayfront Parkway /Hwy 98 East.
Stay on U.S. 98 for 4.1 miles, parking for outdoor activities is available on both sides of the road. National Seashore Headquarters is located on the right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here?

Attachments

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Do you mean this area? From Interstate 10: Take Exit 12 onto I-110 exit 1B Gregory Street East, merge onto 30 E Chase Street, turn left onto Bayfront Parkway /Hwy 98 East.
Stay on U.S. 98 for 4.1 miles, parking for outdoor activities is available on both sides of the road. National Seashore Headquarters is located on the right.
Yes, park at the headquarters on the South side of 98.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Yep, in the HQ as Spooney said, or you can also park at pull-offs on the south side of the road and walk down to the sound. There's little to no wade fishing on the north (bay) side of 98.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
I drive the length of the National Seashore to the end of the line and park near the old barracks. Carry light equipment or you can invest in a rolling cart/wagon made for this, and then walk along the shoreline toward the gulf. It is a good hike to get to the point. Walk opposite direction from the fishing pier. There is a park entry fee but if you like going there, you probably should get a yearly pass. Several on here have told you where some grass beds are located about half way to where I mentioned. Any place you find grassbeds, you will find fish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts