Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This will be my first time out in a kayak so I am looking for somewhere I can take it easy to start with. Anywhere in Escambia or Santa Rosa will be fine. I don't want to deal with the gulf or a lot of current for the first trip. I was thinking somewhere like Indian Bayou or something like that. I want brackish or salt water. Not looking to go in fresh water. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Depending on which way the wind is blowing, Shoreline Park in Gulf Breeze, Oriole Beach Boat Ramp in GB, or on Pensacola Beach there is a easy launch next to Morgan Park which is next to the gocart-bonifay water sports, might have to keep an eye out for jet skiers launching from there tho.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
there is a kayak launch ramp East side of Hwy 90 going over Escambia Bay to Pace at the little park there. Can fish bridge pilings, grass, weedlines, channel cuts etc. Easy in and out and easy to paddle/pedal. look at it on Google Earth so you'll know best way in for you

·
Registered
591 Posts
there is a kayak launch ramp East side of Hwy 90 going over Escambia Bay to Pace at the little park there. Can fish bridge pilings, grass, weedlines, channel cuts etc. Easy in and out and easy to paddle/pedal. look at it on Google Earth so you'll know best way in for you
Its called Simpson's Creek. Nice, calm protected waters there, but right now its pretty much completely freshwater with all the rain. I would recommend there or Shoreline Park for taking it out your first time.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Archie Glover (on the Santa Rosa side of the I-10 bridge) is a pretty good place. Not much traffic, except for the boats going in and out to the bay, plenty of specks out there. Haven't had much luck with reds, but I'm not a very good fisherman either ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts