Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MILF - Man I Love Fishing
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else experienced Suffix 832 creating a lot of noise when being reeled in?

I have some on a Sustain 4000FG, and it makes it sound like the bearings in the reel have sand in them, but when the line isn't fed through the guides the reel is silent. Deadly silent.

·
Banned
3,674 Posts
May be your guides and not the line. All braid has a sound to it when retrieved under pressure. The one that seems to be the quietest, to me, seems to be the Slick 8.

·
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
May be your guides and not the line. All braid has a sound to it when retrieved under pressure. The one that seems to be the quietest, to me, seems to be the Slick 8.
I believe it. I actually took a reel spooled with Slick 8 off of this rod (Teramar), and replaced it with the Sustain with 832. I typically use Slick 8 to begin with, so I've never has an issue with the typical noise associated with braided line.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Maybe it's the roller guide bearing. I had the same problem with my stradic 4000fj. Took it to Keith, and now it's smooth as silk

·
Banned
3,674 Posts
I believe it. I actually took a reel spooled with Slick 8 off of this rod (Teramar), and replaced it with the Sustain with 832. I typically use Slick 8 to begin with, so I've never has an issue with the typical noise associated with braided line.
Terramar rods are so awesome. I've never heard anything out of mine with Slick 8.

·
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe it's the roller guide bearing. I had the same problem with my stradic 4000fj. Took it to Keith, and now it's smooth as silk
You know, I will absolutely keep that in mind. I was planning to take it to Keith anyway, but I will definitely have him check that out.

·
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Terramar rods are so awesome. I've never heard anything out of mine with Slick 8.
I couldn't agree more, and for under $120 (except for a few), you can't go wrong. I have a few of them, and I haven't had any noise issues with them either.

It is a bummer though, that Shimano took the lifetime warranty away. That was the kicker for me when I bought the ones I have.

·
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think this is the problem. I switched it over to Slick 8 and has the same problem. I'll have to make it out to Gulf Breeze soon!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts