1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Tried tham last year several times and they sucked as live baits; fish wouldn't touch them, but at the same time the fish would devour live cigs, hardtails and sardines. Pretty much gave up on them.

However, went out two weeks ago and caught a handful of sardines and kept one somewhat unintentionally.

Used up all the sardines and tried the crazyfish with little expectations, caught a 42" amberjack on it. The bite had been pretty hot , with 29"+ snapper and AJs quickly hitting the sardines. I concluded that a reef with a lot of large snapper has intensified the competition to the point that crazyfish might even get bit. Will keep a few in the future to see what happens.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Three years ago off Gulf Shoresthis was about the only bait we could catch. Did hook up on 2 big arse Tarpon. One almost spooled me before I broke him off. The second came unbuttoned during the second jump. We did catch several sharks on them. Man my hands hurt for week. Hard to hook them without getting slashed

·
Squid technician
10,498 Posts
Have caught plenty of kings and tarpon on them. can't seem to get a bottom fish to even ackowledge ones presence and ALL pelagics seem to eat them. One of my absolute favorite yellowfin baits and they stay hardy in the livewell for extended periods of time

1 - 11 of 11 Posts