Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Got her this morning at 8:15....had her bambi with her and could have taken it too!!!it hung around for a long while...but I didn't have room in the cooler for two...:boo

those expanting broadheads really work good...first I've used them....deer didn't go 20 yrds.:toast

deer's behind the wagon....what an easy hunt!!!!!:toast:toast:mmmbeer

·
Super Moderator
28,632 Posts
ironman172 (10/1/2007)

Got her this morning at 8:15....had her bambi with her and could have taken it too!!!it hung around for a long while...but I didn't have room in the cooler for two...:boo

those expanting broadheads really work good...first I've used them....deer didn't go 20 yrds.:toast

deer's behind the wagon....what an easy hunt!!!!!:toast:toast:mmmbeer

Please tell me the baby was old enough to take care of itself......:banghead

·
Registered
749 Posts
Which broadhead did you take her with? I plan on using the 2 blade "rage" this year. My son took a deer last year with one and it produced a exit wound similar to that doe's. BBob

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I would say it was able to take care of itself....I think they were called spitfire? they are at the cabin so I can't check for sure... but they work great!!:toast

·
Registered
749 Posts
Why did you have to say spitfires...that is what I was using. :banghead Oh well, maybe in about two weeks I can make afield trial/comparison. BBob

·
Banned
744 Posts
Just a curious question for all you hunters out there. Being that you mentioned that she had one of her babies with her, and you got the mother. Will the one being left behind have a good chance to make it through to being an adult. That is if it doesn't get shot during this season. As I said, just a curious question. I am not some kind of PETA person. Just wondering weather or not it would have been best to let this one go by or not.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
They pretty much all have little ones with them this time of the year but it should be late enough into the year for them to be feeding on their own and not relying on mothers milk. Instincts will kick in and the strong ones will survive.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rammer Jammer (10/2/2007)Congrats on the Nanny - where are you hunting thatarchery has already come into season?
Thanks and Ohio

·
Registered
718 Posts
I don't know if it is true but, a gamewarden told me a couple of years ago that if you are hunting in an area that has a high coyote problem then a yearling has a better chance to survive if you take the mother. The reason he told me was that the mother produces sent where as the yearling does not. So for me it would have been tenderlions and eggs for breakfast.:clap:bowdown

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,613 Posts
Most yearlings will go suckle at another teet, if their mother falls victim to a broadhead.So yes PETA the baby will be fine!!!great job on the kill!!!

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Nice Job Bill, way to go. I had a great chance at a Huge Doe but she never gave me a shot. I thought it best to let her walk rather than taking a chance a wounding and loosing her. I also missed 6pt at 50yds. He ducked right under my arrow. I could not believe what I saw. I guess that is why my brother always says aim low. I always thought he was talking about his ambitions. Again way to go Bill.:clap:clap

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I let some horns walk the first day!! just filling the extra deer(doe) the states allowing the first part of bow season, I have one in mind (buck) but probably won't see it during the day!!! come on rut, that's my best chance!:toast..........................GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!when your season starts:clap

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,548 Posts
good job and you were afraid you messed up and chased them all away.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
i assume baiting is legal in ohio??? nice slick head, I am leaving for Illinois on sat and hope to draw blood on some horns

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yep it's legal,#6) good luck in ill.

<A name=can_do></A><SPAN class=style6>A Hunter CAN do the following:
  1. <LI class=style9>Field dress a deer before transporting to an official deer check station for final inspection and tagging as long as the head remains attached to the body.

<LI class=style9>Aid or assist another hunter who is hunting deer if the temporary tag has been removed from their deer permit as long as he or she does not carry any hunting device commonly used to kill wild animals and has a valid hunting license. Those persons exempted from having a hunting license and deer permits for deer hunting on their property are required to have a hunting license and deer permit to aid another hunter or hunt deer off of their property. See Concealed Carry information.

<LI class=style9>Use certain handguns during the youth deer gun season and deer gun season. These handguns must: (a) have a barrel length of not less than 5 inches, (b) use straight-walled cartridges and (c) be .357 caliber or larger.

<LI class=style9>Leave a deer or deer parts with a taxidermist, fur buyer, cold storage, locker plant, or meat processing plant as long as a tag or seal is attached to it that lists the owner?s name and address and the date and place where the deer was killed. Persons receiving deer from another person must keep records with the owner?s name and address, the date, time, and place where the deer was legally taken and the date it was received.

<LI class=style9>Take two deer in one day if the first deer has been tagged with a temporary tag.

<LI class=style9>Hunt deer over bait.

<LI class=style9>Possess a communication device for purposes other than aiding a person in pursuing or taking of deer.

<LI class=style9>Hunt coyote and wild boar during the deer gun season and statewide muzzleloader deer season with a hunting license and a valid deer permit, using firearms legal for deer hunting and you must visibly wear a vest, coat, jacket or coverall colored solid hunter orange or camouflage hunter orange. A valid deer permit is a deer permit, with temporary tag attached, and valid for the zone or unit being hunted.

<LI class=style9>Use a leashed dog to recover wounded deer. </LI>

1 - 20 of 23 Posts