Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at boats and as everybody knows I'm a big guy. I don't want a huge boat though, 17' would work great. I've noticed some boats will say that they can hold 5 people or 650 pounds with a max of 1050 with motor and gear.......what man weighs 130lbs......lol. I'm 380 myself! Hell, that boat would only hold me and my dad....lol. I want something I can take at least 4 people on......but damn it I don't want to have to buy a 20' boat...haha.

Sorry folks, just a fat guy ranting! Don't even get me started on folding chairs......haha.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh man I know......that was pretty funny!I wish i had the cash to buy the blue wave butI'm a cheap ass though......guess I'll have to loose some weight for when I'm ready to buy a boat!

·
Registered
689 Posts
konz (12/12/2007)

Sorry folks, just a fat guy ranting! Don't even get me started on folding chairs......haha.

LMAO, that folding chairs part was good!

We just bought our boat a few months ago. And we had a budget too. That budget was raised two times for us to be able to find something of our liking. Boat prices are just nuts. We also didn't want something that was beat up, faded, broken parts, etc. Its so much eaisier to buy something ready to keep up normal maintenance and cleaning, than it is to deal with stuff that looks rode hard and 20 years old. If you take your time, you'll find something in good shape that you like. Sometimes it just takes a while. We looked for close to 5-6 months here and there!

Good Luck Tho!

·
Registered
19 Posts
STUPID RANT KONZ

KONZ I AM A MEMBER BUT THIS IS MY FIRST POST. I HOPE THIS WORKS. I READ THE POSTS ALMOST DAILY. I HAVE A BOAT AND TRAILER THAT MIGHT WORK FINE FOR YOU. I HAVE HAD IT FOR OVER 10 YRS. BEST ALL AROUND I HAVE EVER HAD. $2000. 20 FT C/C MC KEE CRAFT. THE UNSINKABLE B0AT. 90 HP MERC. 1991. SHORE LINE GALVINIZED TRAILER WITH HIGH SIDE CARPETED GUIDE ON BUNKS. MAKES FOR VERY EASY LOADING. FISH FINDER. THIS BOAT HAS ABOUT 10 FOOT OF OPEN DECK BEHIND CONSUL. ALSO HAS 8FT LONG BININI THAT I CAN STAND UNDER , I`M 5 FT 14 IN TALL. HA HA. I HAVE NOT TRIED TO SELL THIS BOAT. KONZ YOU GET FIRST CHANCE.. I KNOW YOU WILL ALL THINK I`M NUTS, I HAVE OVER 10 BOATS, ALL SIZES FROM 48 FT DOWN TO 15 FT. RON GOSS TREE SERVICE 850-477-7148 LOCATED ON W 9 MILE RD, PENSACOLA, FL.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the offer man but I'm just looking right now. Sounds like a sweet deal I'm just not able to get a boat right now. Living in an apartment means no-where to store one. Not to mention Christmas has got me maxed out right now.

Oh and no way would I fish with 4 in a 17, I was thinking more of carrying folks out to mcree, but then you have all that gear....hmmm maybe a 20 footer is the way to go.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Konz, look at the Carolina Skiff 17 or 19 DLV thay are great boats and have a new design to keep them from riding rough. My buddy just bought the 21 and it is huge rated for like 12 people. I am about your size 6'2 330 pounds and am in the same position you are this will probably bewhat I end up buying. Here is the link says they are rated for 9 people or 1800 pounds.http://www.carolinaskiff.com/listman/listings/l0004.html

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks seminole wind..............actually got the CS catalog in the mail two days ago.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sam, I've tried to get that going here at work but all I got was some loose change and a few coke tabs.......hahaha

Seminolewind, I might just have to take you up on that offer........maybe even throw in a couple dozen live shrimp and some gas money....haha.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts