Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I can't post any kill shots or reports, I'm gonna keep ranting.

Yesterday I decided to hunt the river. We choose to hunt a place I have not been to but once before. It was flooded. Not to flooded but made the walk in miserable. I get situated in some river cane looking down deep in the cypress swamp. About 730 I hear some trees breaking. I figured it was pigs so I stood up and turned around. Here comes two kids. They were likely displaced by the high water and were looking for a dry patch to sit. No big deal they move on.
About 830 I hear more trees breaking coming from down in the cypress. I get my gun up and scan the swamp. Out pops a guy about 60 in green coveralls with no orange. I was so mad I could have beat that guy to death. I flag him with my vest and he digs out a toboggan and waves it at me.
Who are these people! !??

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Our neighbors & relatives .They was just checking on u . If they do that in other area's , They may drive the deer towards u!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah I hear ya.we hunted a wma yesterday,myself,son ,and daughter, get in the stands a good hour before shooting light. Daughter was between me and son hoping we would cut off anyone before gettin to her. Well about 15 minutes before shooting light I see a truck pull in 200 yards from where I parked. 5 minutes after legal light she texted me she sees a light. She shines him a few times and whistles couple time and thinks he leaves,but about 5 minutes later she sees him climbing a tree 100 yards from her. Some folks just don't get it. I've walked in on folks but have the curtesy to back out and find another spot. She said he left about 9 and we all at least seen some does. I have had folks do the right thing. I shines a guy off earlier in the year and he moved on.after daylight I see his stand about 50 yards from me that he left over night,but he still had the sense to leave,without his stand and without saying anything.he earned my respect after that and I left him that spot for the rest of the hunt.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Since I can't post any kill shots or reports, I'm gonna keep ranting.

Yesterday I decided to hunt the river. We choose to hunt a place I have not been to but once before. It was flooded. Not to flooded but made the walk in miserable. I get situated in some river cane looking down deep in the cypress swamp. About 730 I hear some trees breaking. I figured it was pigs so I stood up and turned around. Here comes two kids. They were likely displaced by the high water and were looking for a dry patch to sit. No big deal they move on.
About 830 I hear more trees breaking coming from down in the cypress. I get my gun up and scan the swamp. Out pops a guy about 60 in green coveralls with no orange. I was so mad I could have beat that guy to death. I flag him with my vest and he digs out a toboggan and waves it at me.
Who are these people! !??
I'm sorry I was looking for a good dry place to take a crap

1 - 4 of 4 Posts