Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This fine eat is made with Flounder filets instead of a whole Flounder.

Like all recipes, you can add / subtract / modify ingrediants. Its up to your taste buds and imagination.

Here is a shot of the basics.

I start off with the stove top stuffing because its the only kind of stuffing I can make, add the lump crab meat, mix well and set aside.

Cover a cookie sheet or shallow aluminum pan with tinfoil. Coat first layer of filets with olive oil and season to taste. I use Cavenders Greek seasoning in this step. lay out a foundation bed of filets with all fillets touching.

Spread stuffing over the first layer of filets.

Cover stuffing with a second layer of olive oil coated and seasoned filets.

Use this stuff, if you can find it to coat the top layers of filets. This is some good stuff.

This is what the raw dish looks like with a dusting of the Mc Cormick crusting stuff.

Put into a pre heated oven set at 400 degrees for 60 minutes and when its thru it should resemble this.

I like top make a butter sauce to pour on my individual servings. To do this I heat up olive oil and add chopped onions, then add garlic. When the garlic turns dark brown (Toasted) and the onion become translucent, lower the heat and add butter and onion and garlick powders. Laddle across you cooked serving of fish.

I served it with steamed asparagus and jumbo grilled shrimp. Bon Appitette.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,544 Posts
What time are WE eating?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm having some folks over tomorrow night to help me eat some of these flounder piling up. I was going to score andbroil several whole flounder for them. Now I'm having second thoughts on my plan. This looks easier and comes out in one dish instead of several whole fish in a few pans.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1hour yes, due to thickness...the olive oil also helps keep it from drying out.

I normaly would bake a single stuffed flounder for about 45 mins but this has a lot of meat and stuffing. It is cool in that it is like a casserol, just cut you out a square. No bones for the rookie eaters to get confused with.

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Looks delcious...needs to be put into the <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=SmallTxt>Recipes and Stuff (</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> section.In a month or so no one will be able to find it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Alright, so who's gonna take me giggin'? j/k... That just looks too good. I'm gonna have to try it even it it means going the grocery store and getting frozen flounder!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Mmmm, Stuffed Flounder my favorite. That is similar to the way I make mine (casserole style), but yours even looks better.

·
Capt Dickhead
1,225 Posts
Damn that looks good. Only way I see to improve it is to get some quality olive oil at Shoreline! I'll be making that next time I get a flattie

1 - 20 of 52 Posts