Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have obtained a stripped down pontoon boat that was stolen and then recovered. The pontoons don't seem to be leaking and I know very little about pontoon boats. I figured it would make a good floating dock or possibly a small work barge if someone had a motor.

No trailer and no clue what to ask for it. The boat is sitting just as you see it in Destin, Florida.

I think I have to put a price per PFF rules, so. If I don't have to touch it.

$800 obo

Will trade for AR, AK, possibly 1911 other guns.
850 598-5551

Attachments

·
Registered
9,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It would make a great barge for working on docks etc. Someone told me you can't sink these things even if you cut a hole in them. I don't know, never tried.

·
Registered
998 Posts
It would make a great barge for working on docks etc. Someone told me you can't sink these things even if you cut a hole in them. I don't know, never tried.
You were told that about pontoons in general or that particular model? If it is pontoons in general I respectfully disagree. It is harder because there are basically two hulls. One could sink and the other would still provide some floatation. If the other one has a small hole as well it will eventually go down.

·
Registered
9,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No thanks on the 100.00.

Reference to sinking, I was told that some guys tried to sink one up at Lake Martin and it would only sink down to the deck. No experience myself, so you might just be correct.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts